Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Rewind to 1994 to when screenwriter and producer of the film ‘Harriet’ Gregory Allen was shopping the film around to movie executives, yes it sounds crazy that a film sometimes takes this long to get picked up but hear us out.
According to Entertainment Weekly, in a recent interview, Allen recalled that Hollywood was “very different” in the mid-90s. So different that a suggestion was made to Allen about who the lading role of Harriet Tubman should be in his film, Julia Roberts!
“I was told how one studio head said in a meeting, ‘This script is fantastic. Let’s get Julia Roberts to play Harriet Tubman,’” Allen explained. “When someone pointed out that Roberts couldn’t be Harriet, the executive responded, ‘It was so long ago. No one is going to know the difference.’”
Can you imagine?! Thank God the film took twenty-five years to get picked up and Cynthia Erivo was chosen to play Harriet Tubman.
#BlackTwitter Is Pulling Up To The Harriet Tubman Movie Like…
1.1 of 9
2.2 of 9
3.3 of 9
4.4 of 9
5.5 of 9
6.6 of 9
- Brad “Scarface” Jordan Falls Short In City Council Bid, Turner Wins Re-Election
- Evelyn Lozada Announces YouTube Series, ‘LIVING LOZADA UNCUT’
- Hear Propain’s In Case We Never Speak Again Album [NEW MUSIC]
- Salute The Fly Jock: Tom Joyner Talks 25 Years On TJMS, Retirement & More [Video]
- Believe It Or Not: Cam’Ron Doesn’t Really Believe Dinosaurs Existed
- Houston Rockets Invite Lizzo To Dance With Power Dancers
- Nicki Minaj Honors Juice Wrld At Billboard’s 2019 Women In Music Event
- Why Friday The 13th Is Actually Awesome
- Amazon Reportedly Pays $25 Million For Rihanna Documentary
- Juice WRLD’s Mother Breaks Silence On Son’s Tragic Death
Really!? An Exec Suggested Julia Roberts Play Harriet Tubman In Movie was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com