The FDA has announced the distribution of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine will be paused after six women in the U.S. had rare blog-clotting after receiving the vaccine. The women ranged in ages from 18 to 48, and while six people may not seem like a lot precautions are being taken swiftly. There have been approximately 6.8 million shots given with the majority of people not having issues.
The pausing of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine does not affect the other two vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna. But if you did receive the Johnson & Johnson shot and are having to severe stomach pain, leg cramps, or severe headaches you should call your healthcare provider right away. If you do not know what shot you received, check your CDC vaccination card where it is noted what brand shot you received. If you have an appointment scheduled to receive the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, it is advised to call your provider for further directions.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Hispanic Heritage Month: ‘Our Past Doesn’t Define Our Future’ The John Flores Story
- Veteran’s Day Golf Classic: Enter To Win a Free Day of Golf!
- Majic Under The Stars 10th Anniversary ‘Kangols + Kicks” Edition Nov. 5!
- Black Business Month: Livestream Convos with Industry Experts
- The New ‘Wakanda Forever’ Trailer Will Give You Goosebumps. Watch It Here.
- User Beware: Social Media Scam Alert!
- Warning: What You Need To Know About Scam Using Urban One-Radio Name
- Radio One Turns 42! A Timeline Of How Cathy Hughes Built A Black Empire
- 90’s Rapper Coolio Dead at 59
- [WATCH] Live Stream: Nigeria Cultural Parade And Festival – Saturday Oct 1st
- [WATCH] Live Stream: Nigeria Cultural Parade And Festival 2022
- [Photo] PnB Rock’s Suspected Killer Identified By Police
- Houston Police Arrest Suspect In Killing Of Rapper Lotta Cash Desto
- Brooklyn Massage Therapist Is Helping Women Prioritize Self-Care Through Massage Therapy
CDC & FDA Recommend Pausing Johnson & Johnson Vaccine was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com