Are you headed back to the gym after an eleven month hiatus? No judgement. Well, I know the treadmill might have been your bestie way back then, however as a full-time gym rat I am here to tell you that things have certainly changed on the gym floor hun.
Cardio machines have never been so RAD and the good news is you don’t have to worry about figuring things out alone. You already know what’s up–I got you boo!
1. Treadmill Dreadmill
Do you like to burn rubber on the treadmill, yet seem to find that your workouts are getting a wee bit stale? Well don’t ditch your long-time friend just yet. Amp things up and check in with your form by following these easy tweeks:
- Create as much space as you can between your shoulders and your ears – basically no hunching.
- Keep your neck neutral and your head forward – that means don’t be trying to watch “Love & Hip Hop” on that TV to your left.
- Focus on taking shorter strides. A faster cadence will keep you running in the middle of the revolving belt as opposed to up on top of it, or worse, way back close to the edge. No accidental falls.
2. Elevate Your Elliptical Workout
Ellipticals have been stealing the show for quite awhile now, however have you met Mrs. Elliptical’s first cousin Mr. Arc Trainer? This similar cross-training machine offers a slightly different movement pattern that actually keeps your foot under your knee a bit better. So, next time you find yourself gliding away the calories, try adjusting the incline and not just the resistance. However be careful not to lean on those handlebars. Stand up straight, keep your head upright and power through with those super strong legs girl.
3. The Not-So Stationary Bike
Pedaling nowhere can get super boring, super fast. However, this joint friendly contender should not be eliminated from the cardio-burning machine game. One easy fix for those dreadful rides lies between your ears and your earbuds. That’s right– your music can take you from bored to buff. That is if you deliberately pedal it out to the right songs. Uptempo tracks are great for sprints, while slower tunes are perfect for those moments when you want to crank up the resistance. Oh yeah! Bring on the hills.
Fitness 411: 5 Ways To Get The Best Results Using Cardio Machines At The Gym was originally published on hellobeautiful.com