According to NBC4i, several states have dropped or have plans to drop COVID-19 mask mandates, but Kroger, the country’s second-largest grocery employer, will not do so until all of their frontline workers can get a vaccine.
“To ensure the continued safety of our customers and associates, The Kroger Family of Companies will continue to require everyone in our stores across the country to wear masks until all our frontline grocery associates can receive the COVID-19 vaccine,” a Kroger spokesperson said via email Monday.
The Ohio-based company has been advocating for the prioritization of grocery store workers to receive the vaccine. Despite the CDC’s recommendation that they be among the first to receive the vaccine alongside teachers and police officers, only a handful of states have prioritized the group, according to the Washington Post.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Louisiana Groom Allegedly Shoots His Friend On His Wedding Day For Creeping With His Wife
- Biz Markie Honored By Hip-Hop Royalty At Long Island Memorial Service
- Beanie Sigel Explains When His Relationship With Jay-Z Began To Fall Apart
- Get Your Timbs Ready, The LOX & Dipset Are Going On A Joint Tour Following Verzuz Showdown
- Blue Ivy And Amaiyah Robinson Shine In Throwback ‘Black Is King’ Photo
- Dolly Parton Used Her Whitney Houston Royalties To Help A Black Community
- The Weeknd Can Now Feel His Face, Says He Is “Sober Lite” After Quiting Hard Drugs
- Snoop Dogg and Kevin Hart Provide Some Hilarious Olympics Commentary with New Show
- Go Fast: Lovers & Friends Festival Tickets On Sale Now, Usher, Ms. Lauryn Hill, & TLC Among Headliners
- Wendy’s Manager Fired For Calling Black Woman ‘B**ch’ On Camera [VIDEO]
Kroger to Continue to Require Mask Until All Employees Can Get COVID Vaccine was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com