According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- B-Girl Inspo: The Fashion At Red Bull’s BC One Camp In Houston Was On Point
- Wendy Williams’ Estranged Husband Got Into A Fight With Their Son, Son Arrested
- New Music: DJ Chose – “Just Do It”
- Fatboy SSE Arrested For Drug Possession & Outstanding Bench Warrants
- Lil Cease Apologizes For Testifying Against Lil’ Kim, Bury Years-Long Beef
- Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’ & Coca-Cola Team Up For 80’s Inspired Teaser
- Allen Hughes Will Produce Five-Part 2Pac Documentary Series
- Philly D.A. Wants Meek Mill To Have A New Trial, In Front Of A New Judge
- NBA YoungBoy & Atlantic Records Offer To Pay Funeral Expenses Of Man Killed In Drive-By Shooting
- WhyJae Honors Busta Rhymes With “Trevor George” Freestyle [NEW MUSIC]