According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Watch The Live Action Dora The Explorer Trailer, ‘Dora & the Lost City of Gold’
- Lonzo Ball Cuts Ties With Big Baller Brand Co-Founder, Heading To Nike?
- Weekend Box-Office: ‘Us’ Shatters Opening Weekend Records | #UsMovie
- Police Arrest A Man Filmed Kicking A 78-Year-Old Woman In The Face On The Subway
- Anita Baker Announces Final Texas Tour Stops
- Dr. Dre’s Daughter Accepted To USC, With No Jail Time
- Model Bee Starr Talks Her Eleven22 Lingerie Line, Breaking Glass Ceilings In Fashion & More [EXCLUSIVE]
- Kodak Black Walks Back Young M.A. Shot, Says He’s Up There With 2Pac & Biggie
- Adam “Pacman” Jones To Get 10 Days In Jail For Cheating In Casino
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Rowland On The Power Of Loving Your ‘Crown And Glory’