According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Four Jimmy Johns Employees Fired After Making Noose Out Of Food
- Breonna Taylor’s Family Says She Was Still Alive After Being Shot, But Police Didn’t Offer Aid
- Colin Kaepernick Partners With Disney For Documentary Series
- Vivica A. Fox To 50 Cent: ‘You Can’t Handle A Black Woman, Can You?’
- Papoose & Remy Ma Expecting Their Second Child Together
- Eagles Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson Apologizes For Anti-Jewish Post On Instagram
- Halle Berry Backs Out Of Transgender Role After Receiving Backlash From LGBTQ Community
- Kodak Black Finally Issues Apology To Nipsey Hussle (But Not Lauren London) For Disrespectful Comments
- Lizzo Claps Back At Homeowner Who Kicked Her Out Of Vacation Rental Early
- What Is Blackout Day? Here’s What You Need To Know