According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Win Four-Pack Of Tickets To Célébrez en Rosé
- Fogo De Chao $150 Dining Card Giveaway!!
- Salute To Everyday Dads: Nominate A Father Today!
- Rihanna & ASAP Rocky Welcome Their Baby Boy
- ‘BMF’ Actor Demetrius Flenory Jr. Arrested For Stealing $250K Watch
- Megan Thee Stallion Says New Album Is ’95 Percent Done’
- Lori Harvey Channels Her Inner Princess At Film Festival
- Lil Wayne Threatens Mavs Owner Mark Cuban, ‘Don’t Make Me Get U Smacked Boy’
- Spike Lee Drops Nike 50th Anniversary Short Film [Video]
- The Trailer For Marvel’s She-Hulk Has Arrived [WATCH]
- Lil Wayne Reveals Blow Up Between Suns Coach Monty Williams & Deandre Ayton