According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- T.I. Talks Music, Holiday Gifts + His New Tablet Tech with 979!
- Remy Martin Presents The Usher Las Vegas Fly Away Contest: Enter to Win!
- [VIDEO] See Brittney Griner, ‘Merchant of Death’ Prisoner Swap
- Bill Cosby’s Rep Says Latest Sexual Assault Lawsuit Is ‘All About The Money’
- Report: Brittney Griner Freed From Russian Prison In Prisoner Swap
- Nia Long And Ime Udoka Call It Quits After 13 Years
- Gabrielle Union’s Unbothered Clap Back Catches Lil Boosie’s Attention!
- Amanda Seales ‘Public Seales Announcement’ What Makes A Man Of God?
- ‘Cheers’ And ‘Look Who’s Talking’ Actress Kirstie Alley Passes Away at 71
- A London Tattoo Shop Is Offering Free Laser Removals Of Kanye Tattoos
- Eddie Murphy & Jonah Hill Star In The Hilarious Teaser Trailer For The Upcoming Kenya Barris Comedy ‘You People’
- Fans React To Keke Palmer’s Pregnancy News