The 69th annual Primetime Emmy Awards took place on Sunday and the who’s who of television all came out to be acknowledged.
A lot of history was made this year during the big show, including Lena Waithe becoming the first Black woman ever to win in the category of writing for a comedy series, Sterling K. Brown becoming the first Black actor in nearly 20 years to win an Emmy for lead actor in a drama and Donald Glover making his mark as the first black person to win an Emmy for directing for a comedy.
Award shows are always better to watch on social media — and on Sunday, Twitter didn’t disappoint.
Sean Spicer’s surprise appearance had everyone shook:
It was a stellar night for Black people:
Donald Glover was the man of the night:
But the random, miscellaneous tweets are always the funniest:
Congrats to all the big winners on Sunday night. What was your favorite part of the show?
Trend Watch At The 2012 Emmy Awards (PHOTOS)
1. 1. Julianne Moore looked stunning in this yellow dress. <p> Photo Credit: WENN1 of 12
2. 2. Claire Danes was the leading lady in this canary dress. <p> Photo Credit: WENN2 of 12
3. 3. Actress Kelli Garner on the red carpet in yellow. <p> Photo Credit: WENN3 of 12
4. 4. Modern Family's Julie Bowen on the red carpet in fluorescent yellow. <p> Photo Credit: WENN4 of 12
5. 5. New Girl's Hanna Simone in Yellow. <P> Photo Credit: WENN5 of 12
6. 6. Aussie host Renee Bargh looked stunning in yellow. <P> Photo Credit: WENN6 of 12
7. 7. Zooey Deschanel channeled Cinderella in ice blue. <P> Photo Credit: WENN7 of 12
8. 8. Lena Dunham in blue Prada. <P> Photo Credit: WENN8 of 12
9. 9. Nicole Kidman steals the spotlight from husband Keith Urban. <P> Photo Credit: WENN9 of 12
10. 10. Julianne Hough rocked out in mermaid blue. <P> Photo Credit: WENN10 of 12
11. 11. Hayden Panettiere shows off a waterfall train. <P> Photo Credit: WENN11 of 12
12. 12. The Good Wife star Archie Panjabi. <P> Photo Credit: WENN12 of 12
Here Are The Most LOL Reactions To The Emmy Awards was originally published on globalgrind.com