Rapper Lil Durk may have just avoided a prison sentence after pleading guilty to a gun charge in Cook County criminal court.
Durk was facing up to five years in prison after being seen tossing a loaded gun into a parked car last year. At the time of the incident, Durk was facing another gun charge.
Although prosecutors were looking to sentence the Chicago native to at least a year in prison or an intensive probation, Durk was sentenced to 18 months of probation. In addition to this, Judge Joseph Kazmierski Jr. urged him to be “part of the cure” and use his image for anti-violence causes.
The judge also ordered Durk to do 50 hours of community service at CureViolence at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Durk’s attorney, Sam Adam Jr., lated said that he had already spent more than 150 hours volunteering there in addition to serving 43 days in jail for which he was given credit.
Adam spoke highly of Durk, saying that he is trying to move past his legal woes:
“This is a young man who completely has an opportunity to move forward in his life. He has a big record contract, he is supporting his children, he’s with the child’s mother. This is a case that is the exception to the rule that you see at 26th Street.”
Durk definitely dodged a bullet with this one and says he’ll be staying out of trouble from here on out.
[SOURCE: Chicago Tribune]
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
Artists From Chicago
1. Artists From Chicago1 of 18
2. Artists From Chicago2 of 18
3. Artists From Chicago3 of 18
4. Artists From Chicago4 of 18
5. Artists From Chicago5 of 18
6. Artists From Chicago6 of 18
7. Artists From Chicago7 of 18
8. Artists From Chicago8 of 18
9. Artists From Chicago9 of 18
10. Artists From Chicago10 of 18
11. Artists From Chicago11 of 18
12. Artists From Chicago12 of 18
13. Artists From Chicago13 of 18
14. Artists From Chicago14 of 18
15. Artists From Chicago15 of 18
16. Artists From Chicago16 of 18
17. Artists From Chicago17 of 18
18. Artists From Chicago18 of 18
Dodged A Bullet: Lil Durk Sentenced To Probation After Pleading Guilty To Gun Charges was originally published on theurbandaily.com