Changing bodies is my passion and to be able to both assist and witness other’s transform their entire life through fitness is such a blessing. However after watching “The Biggest Loser” season finale, I can’t stop thinking about Rachel Frederickson’s “winning” moment this week.
She was hands down my favorite contestant this season. I was so inspired by her vulnerability to confess to the fact that she chose love over her dream to be a competitive swimmer, and I also couldn’t help but honor her for having the courage to take her life back after her choice backfired. It wasn’t a typical “I went through a breakup and then I gained weight” story. Rachel is a fighter. It was/is obvious. So with that said I tuned in every single week in order to witness the journey of what I knew was a “winner” in the making.
Winning that triathlon was one of the RADdest moments I had ever seen on the show, therefore I couldn’t wait to watch the season finale in order to see her show up and win again. But when my favorite contestant stepped on the scale for her final weigh in at 105 lbs I was overwhelmed and shocked by my immediate emotional response. I couldn’t stop crying. “What happened?! How did she lose all that weight?! How tall is she?! This is not healthy?! Oh my goodness, what are people going to think…say?!” My mind was racing and I wanted to reach out to her as if she were my BFF from high school or even a personal client. I knew the media was going to go crazy, but worse, I knew that if Frederickson did in fact trade her struggle with obesity in for an eating disorder…the last thing she needed was criticism.
So as a fitness blogger, personal trainer, former athlete who ended up overweight and did trade her struggle with obesity in for an eating disorder…I offer this to you- my favorite Biggest Loser contestant- Rachel Frederickson:
First and foremost I am so proud of you. You have overcome so much and inspired so many by sharing your story. I can only imagine how you must feel to have survived such an experience. However in this winning moment I want you to know that your weight, weight loss and current weight are only a fraction of who you truly are. May your success be greater than what any prize or title could ever offer you. May health continue to be a priority in your life, and no matter what your internal struggle may be know that you are not alone. Your courage and determination are what have lead you to this point so I pray that you never forget to tap into this memory.
No Judgement. Only Faith.
Weight loss is a journey not a destination. Thinking of you no matter “where” in your travels you may be.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
Check Out This Gallery Of Celebrities Who Work Out!
Celebrity Fit Club: Our Favorite Stars Share Their Workout Regimen On Instagram
1. Celebrity Fit Club1 of 47
2. Morris Chestnut- On The Treadmill2 of 47
3. Usher-Run It3 of 47
4. Angela Simmons-Simple & Effective4 of 47
5. Angela Simmons-Go Deeper!5 of 47
6. Angela Simmons-Can't Stop, Won't Stop6 of 47
7. Angela Simmons-It's A Lifestyle7 of 47
8. Angela Simmons-Determination Is Key8 of 47
9. Angela Simmons-No Days Off9 of 47
10. Angela Simmons-Morning Training Sessions10 of 47
11. Angela Simmons-Live Life Out Loud11 of 47
12. Angela Simmons-Pose For The Camera12 of 47
13. Angela Simmons-Bend & Stretch13 of 47
14. Angela Simmons-Ready For Her Close Up14 of 47
15. Jordin Sparks-The Fit Selfie15 of 47
16. Jordin Sparks-Engages Her Core16 of 47
17. Jordin Sparks-Getting It Right & Tight17 of 47
18. Jordin Sparks-Gaining Weight18 of 47
19. Jason Derulo-Shooting In The Gym19 of 47
20. Jason Derulo-No Gym, No Problem20 of 47
21. Mo'Nique-Always Motivating21 of 47
22. Mo'Nique-Workin' Those Arms22 of 47
23. Mo'Nique-Keeping It Real, Keeping It Tight23 of 47
24. Mo'Nique-Makes Us Remember To Work For It24 of 47
25. Mo'Nique-Never Gives Up25 of 47
26. Mo'Nique-Showing Off What Amazing Looks Like26 of 47
27. Keri Hilson-Takin' The Stairs27 of 47
28. Brandy-Getting It In!28 of 47
29. Brandy-Making Transformations29 of 47
30. Jeanette Jenkins-She Is The Prototype30 of 47
31. Jeanette Jenkins-She Plans Ahead To Get Ahead31 of 47
32. Jeanette Jenkins-Flexible On Fridays32 of 47
33. Jeanette Jenkins-Fit Foodie33 of 47
34. Kelly Rowland-She's Got Friends In Fit Places34 of 47
35. Kelly Rowland-Drink Good, Look Good35 of 47
36. Kelly Rowland-Abs For Days36 of 47
37. Serena Williams-She Knows How To Hang37 of 47
38. Mary J. Blige-Her Hubby's Getting It In!38 of 47
39. Mary J. Blige-Throwin' Them Bows!39 of 47
40. Mary J. Blige-Getting Them Glutes!40 of 47
41. Mary J. Blige-Hard Work Pays Off, Look At That Body!41 of 47
42. Mary J. Blige--Work Them Arms Girl!42 of 47
43. Mary J. Blige-She's Got Legs & She Knows How To Use Them43 of 47
44. Michelle Obama-Let's Move!44 of 47
45. Sherri Shepherd-No More Girdles!45 of 47
46. Sherri Shepherd-Dance The Pounds Away46 of 47
47. Khloe Kardashian-She Works Hard Even When She Doesn't Want To47 of 47
An Open Letter To Rachel Frederickson, ‘The Biggest Loser’ Season 15 Winner was originally published on hellobeautiful.com