Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Hispanic Heritage Month: ‘Our Past Doesn’t Define Our Future’ The John Flores Story
- Veteran’s Day Golf Classic: Enter To Win a Free Day of Golf!
- Majic Under The Stars 10th Anniversary ‘Kangols + Kicks” Edition Nov. 5!
- Black Business Month: Livestream Convos with Industry Experts
- President Biden To Pardon All Federal Offenses Of Simple Marijuana Possession
- More Than 30 Dead, Dozens of Children Killed in Mass Shooting at Thai Daycare
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘Cap or No Cap’ | Episode 88
- Jordyn Woods Slays On Instagram In A Little Black Dress
- Ayesha Curry Gives Us Style Goals In Miu Miu For Paris Fashion Week
- Wanna Join A Houston Rodeo Committee? Don’t Miss Your Chance October 8
- Cardi B Stuns In An Archive Dolce & Gabbana Ensemble At The Bad Bunny Concert
- Chloe Bailey Serves Face And Body In Latest Instagram Post
- Diddy Is The Ultimate Girl Dad While Cheering On The Combs Twins
- 97.9 The Beat 2022 State Fair Classic [VIDEO]