Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- DMX Checks Himself Into Rehab, Cancels Upcoming Concerts
- Fort Worth Cop Kills Black Woman In Own Home After Neighbor Calls Police Because Her Door Was Open
- ‘Training Day’ Prequel Announced, To Be Set Two Days Before Rodney King Verdict
- Thought He Was Canceled? Kanye West’s Sunday Service Pops Up At Howard University For Homecoming
- T.I. Explains Why Lil’ Kim Edges Out Nicki Minaj In Hip-Hop History On ‘Expeditiously’
- Wale Drops Album No. 6, ‘Wow … That’s Crazy’ [NEW MUSIC]
- Amber Rose Welcomes Her Second Baby Boy [PHOTOS]
- Jason Mitchell Completes Mental Health Counseling Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- R&B Group Total Reportedly Wanted To Throw Hands With Wendy Williams [Video]
- Will Smith Developing A ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ Spinoff Series