Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Access Houston | Father’s Day Panel
- Access Houston | Broken Chains | We See Abilities
- Future & Meek Mill Announce Co-Headling Tour w/ Megan Thee Stallion, YG & Mustard
- Cassie’s Baby Daddy To Be Isn’t Feeling Diddy’s Congratulatory Post
- Voices: Doug E. Fresh “Longevity & Flowers”
- Whataburger Fans React After Popular Burger Chain Sold To Chicago Investment Bank
- Watch Blue Ivy Carter Gettin’ It To “Before I Let Go” During Dance Recital [VIDEO]
- She Said “You Didn’t Fight For Me As A Father:” Common Talks About Mending Relationship With His Daughter On “Red Table Talk”
- Ciara Shuts Down Hater Who Slammed Her Appearance In Taylor Swift’s Pro-LGBTQ Music Video
- New Study Reveals Unmarried Women With No Kids Are The ‘Healthiest and Happiest Population Subgroup’