Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Lamar Odom Says He Used Fake Penis To Pass Drug Test In 2004 Olympics
- Sean “Diddy” Combs Owes Much Of His Success To Dia Simms
- Mom Of Nipsey Hussle’s Daughter Says Sister Took Child After His Death
- Richelle Gemini Drops Her ‘Sweet Gemi Jones’ Mixtape [NEW MUSIC]
- Why Marlon Wayans Says ‘Loqueesha’ Is Not Like ‘White Chicks’
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Share The Name Of Their New Baby
- Chance The Rapper feat. TisaKorean – “GRoCERIES” [NEW MUSIC]
- Another One: DJ Khaled Shares Visuals From ‘Father Of Ashad’ [WATCH]
- OTB Fastlane Drops “Busville” Mixtape [NEW MUSIC]
- Lil Nas X Gets Chris Rock, Ha Ha Davis, Vince Staples, Rico Nasty & More For Star-Studded “Old Town Road” Video [WATCH]