Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Lizzo’s “Truth Hurts” Single Gets A Remix From DaBaby [NEW MUSIC]
- Young Thug Denies Being Gay, Claims He’s Straightest Man In The World [Video]
- Rapsody’s 3rd LP ‘Eve’ Is Black Girl Magic In Audio Form [NEW MUSIC]
- #BlackGirlMagic: Coco Gauff Aces New ‘Teen Vogue’ Cover
- Missy Elliott Returns To The Masses With New EP ‘Iconology’ [STREAM]
- Kodak Black Pleads Guilty In Fed Gun Case
- Missy Elliott Drops Visual for ‘Throw It Back’
- Here Are The Details On Travis Scott’s Upcoming Netflix Documentary
- Houston’s Megan Thee Stallion, Lizzo & Normani To Perform At VMA’s!
- Doeman feat. Feefa – “I Feel Good” [NEW MUSIC]