This year has seen the death of so many of our favorite celebs.
Adding to the list is actor Alan Thicke, known for his role on the ’80s show Growing Pains and as the father of singer Robin Thicke. Alan died of a heart attack at age 69 on Tuesday, shocking the entire world – even his family.
Now, Robin is speaking out for the first time about the sudden loss, telling reporters that his dad was “the greatest man I ever met” and “always a gentleman.” The “Blurred Lines” singer added, “The good thing was that he was beloved and he had closure. I saw him a few days ago and told him how much I loved and respected him.”
Robin also took to Instagram to reflect, writing, “My father passed away today. He was the best man I ever knew. The best friend I ever had. Let’s all rejoice and celebrate the joy he brought to every room he was in. We love you Alan Thicke. Thank you for your love. Love, your grateful son.”
We feel for Robin, who was just putting himself back out there after a tumultuous 2015.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Thicke family. Rest In Peace, Dr. Seaver.
Robin Thicke & Paula Patton's Happiest Moments (PHOTOS)
1. Robin and Paula are super cute together.1 of 20
2. Robin Thicke & Paula Patton were always one of our favorite couples.2 of 20
3. Robin & Paula both have the most amazing smiles.3 of 20
4. Robin & Paula rock all-black-everything during one of their happiest moments.4 of 20
5. How cute are Paula and Robin Thicke together?5 of 20
6. Robin & Paula were spotted making out.6 of 20
7. Family.7 of 20
8. Good times.8 of 20
9. Paula was definitely drunk in love.9 of 20
10. Robin and Paula are both experts at mingling.10 of 20
11. Robin looks great and Paula looks spectacular.11 of 20
12. The happy love birds go in for a kiss.12 of 20
13. Robin gives his girl a big kiss.13 of 20
14. The happy love birds go in for a kiss.14 of 20
15. Paula gives her hubby a kiss.15 of 20
16. They are too cute.16 of 20
17. They are too cute.17 of 20
18. The love birds go in for a kiss.18 of 20
19. Paula holds on to her man tight.19 of 20
20. Robin looks great and Paula looks spectacular.20 of 20
So Sad: Robin Thicke Speaks Out About His Dad’s Sudden Death was originally published on globalgrind.com