Beyoncé is known for wearing up-and-coming designers’ clothing almost as much as she wears well-known labels. She’s also in full support of Black designers, donning their ensembles to events, in social media posts, and even on tour.
The saying goes, like mother, like daughter, and Bey and mom Tina Knowles don’t stray from the phrase.
The 62-year-old mother illustrated where Beyoncé learned to utilize her platform to uplift go-getter designers. Mama Tina, as we affectionately like to call her, gave some love to Jerome Lamaar, the fashion designer behind 5:31 JÉRÔME, an avant-garde and glamour collection. She posted an Instagram photo of her looking fabulous in an embellished blouse.
She proudly stated how happy she was to have a piece of clothing to wear for a fundraiser in Houston, Texas, where she said she needed an ensemble that depicted art. She also gave Jerome a shout out, “Check out this young talented designer. He has been at it since 15-years-old.”
She then posted a detail shot so we could see more of the ensemble.
What a great way to share your platform and reach. Power to the people!
SOURCE: Instagram | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Beyonce Then & Now: These Images Prove 'Lemonade' Diva Never Ages
1. Queen Bey Is AgelessSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. THEN: Beyonce In 2004Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. NOW: Beyonce In 2016Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. THEN: Beyonce In 2006Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. NOW: Beyonce At The Gala In 2016Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. THEN: Beyonce With Destiny's Child In 2000Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. NOW: Beyonce In 2015Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. THEN: Beyonce Debuts Her Baby Bump in 2011Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. NOW Beyonce In January 2016Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. THEN: Beyonce In Silver At The 2007 BET AwardsSource:Getty 10 of 14
11. NOW: Bey Performs In Fall 2015Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. THEN: Bey Hits The 2006 MTV VMA Nominations CeremonySource:Getty 12 of 14
13. NOW: Beyonce Performs In 2015Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. THEN: Bey Performs In 2009Source:Getty 14 of 14
Tina Knowles Gives Shout Out To Black Fashion Designer was originally published on hellobeautiful.com