One of hip-hop’s most fabled topics is the story of Notorious B.I.G.’s “I Got a Story To Tell.” The song captures Biggie telling his friends the tale of when he ducktaped and robbed an unnamed New York Knicks player after he’d had relations with the player’s girlfriend. Many wondered if this had been a figment of Big’s imagination or if he was actually re-telling something he experienced. The question persisted long after the rapper’s death. There were more than a few people who were under the impression that Knicks guard John Starks are the victim, but Fat Joe took the time to clear that up today.
Before ESPN’s Highly Questionable aired they released this tweet on Twitter.
Two questions in, Dan LeBatard finally asked Joey Crack who it was that Biggie robbed. Fat Joe said the player was Anthony Mason.
“Well the guy…I could tell you but I don’t want to be disrespectful. But um..uh…it was about Anthony Mason.”
Fat Joe tried to protect himself by saying it was only a “rumor.” Whatever the case, everyone can thank Joe for putting a twenty-year-old mystery to bed.
SOURCE: ESPN’s Highly Questionable | VIDEO: Streamable
Verses To Live By: The Notorious B.I.G.’s 23 Greatest Lines
1. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Ready to Die"Source:false 1 of 8
2. Super Cat feat. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Dolly My Baby (Remix)"Source:false 2 of 8
3. Craig Mack feat. The Notorious B.I.G. & LL Cool J - "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)"Source:false 3 of 8
4. "Unbelievable" - Biggie (Original Version)Source:false 4 of 8
5. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Machine Gun Funk"Source:false 5 of 8
6. The Notorious B.I.G - "Everyday Struggle"Source:false 6 of 8
7. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Victory"Source:false 7 of 8
8. Busta Rhymes feat. The Notorious B.I.G. - "Modern Day Gangstas" [Unreleased]Source:false 8 of 8
Fat Joe Revealed The Robbed Knicks Player From Biggie’s ‘I Got A Story To Tell’ was originally published on globalgrind.com