It is too funny seeing the President loosen up and show off his personality now that his second term is coming to an end.
Today during an address on the White House’s strategy for handling extremists in light of the attacks from ISIL in Paris and Beirut, Obama spoke pretty bluntly on what he has to say to his critics.
“Folks want to pop off and they have opinions about what they think they would do, then present a specific plan.”
Obama was giving a speech in Antalya, Turkey to reporters at the end of the two-day Group of 20 summit convening the word's richest leaders in developing countries. The summit took place a few hundred miles away from Syria's border. He called the Paris terror attacks "terrible" and a "sickening setback." Still, he made it very clear that the US would still accept Syrian refugees in keeping with America's legacy of keeping open borders for immigrants in need.
The President talked at length about his disagreement with critics who use war-mongering rhetoric to color America's brand, particularly those that lack their own concrete strategies to take down the enemy.
His plan is to delve deeper into his efforts of using airstrikes as well as arming and training moderate forces and bonding with other countries to maximize efforts against ISIL.
Obama says that he is confident in his plan, but admits: “We are very clear eyed about the very, very difficult road ahead.”
See the full address below:
Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Pray for Paris.Source:Getty 14 of 14
Obama Says ‘Pop Off’ During Speech On ISIL & Syrian Refugees, Internet Dies Of Laughter was originally published on hellobeautiful.com