According to reports, Officers Phillip Kidd and David Lindenschmidt were placed on administrative leave this past Thursday after footage was released of Sam Dubose’s shooting by Officer Ray Tensing.
Despite Tensing being indicted for murder and involuntary manslaughter charges, the two officers have gotten off clear of any charges.
NY Daily News states:
Phillip Kidd and David Lindenschmidt were not indicted by a grand jury in the July 19 shooting of Samuel DuBose by ex-officer Ray Tensing, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said.
Kidd and Lindenschmidt, who were placed on administrative leave Thursday, arrived just as Tensing was getting up from the ground after shooting DuBose in the head, body camera video shows.
In the video, Kidd told another officer he saw Tensing getting dragged by DuBose’s car — the reason Tensing said he shot the 43-year-old after stopping him for a missing front license.
Yet body camera video shows Tensing was not dragged, and that was reflected in Kidd and Lindenschmidt’s official statements in in-depth interviews with police, Deters said, noting their statements at the scene were not official.
Earlier this week, Tensing pleaded not guilty to murder and involuntary manslaughter. He was released from jail yesterday after paying 10% of his $1 million bail.
SOURCE: NY Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO CREDIT: News Inc.
Cincinnati Officers At The Scene Of Sam Dubose’s Death Will Not Be Facing Charges was originally published on globalgrind.com