The Box Houston Featured Video
CLOSE

Unknown-11

(Undated)  —  A toddler in China is expected to make a full recovery despite shoving a chopstick up his nose and into his brain.  According to the “Daily Star,” the two-year-old’s dad says he heard his son screaming and turned around to see the utensil had gone into his head.  Surgeons said the stick penetrated nearly three inches into the child’s brain, but miraculously avoided damaging any major nerves or arteries.  After four hours in surgery, the chopstick was successfully removed and the little guy is said to be recovering well in the hospital. 

###
Patrick Trevellyan/dp

Copyright © 2014
Metro Networks Inc.

09-24-2014 01:28:09

Also On 97.9 The Box:
Celebrities Who’ve Been Diagnosed With Or Passed From COVID-19 [UPDATED OCTOBER 18]
Array
72 photos
More From TheBoxHouston