Honesty hour: Depression is real and A LOT of people deal with it. I can remember a time where the depression i was experiencing put me in a dark, and lonely place. It was a very discouraging time in my life and I wish no one to have to experience it. I have even come across a time when I had a friend experience a bout with depression and I know it can be tough to support someone in that state. You want to be there for that person but you don’t want to be off-putting or overwhelm them. below are my suggestions on how to help.
- Talk to your friend to identify the issue
- Let them know you’re there for them when they need you
- Suggest them seeing someone in a non-confrontational manner
- Pray for that friend or family member
- Try and keep person active; doing positive things
- Keep the atmosphere positive and encouraging
- There may come a time where an intervention may be necessary if the issue prevails
- Keep a watchful eye
I hope this proves to be helpful to someone. Be healed be happy!
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Enter to Win $500 Cash PLUS Rod Wave Tickets!
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway November 28th
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
10 Celebrities Caught With Transgender Women [PHOTOS]
Big Slim Is Hosting A Holiday Party and Toy Drive At Checkers!
Sean Paul ft. Kelly Rowland "How Deep Is Your Love" [AUDIO]