Honesty hour: Depression is real and A LOT of people deal with it. I can remember a time where the depression i was experiencing put me in a dark, and lonely place. It was a very discouraging time in my life and I wish no one to have to experience it. I have even come across a time when I had a friend experience a bout with depression and I know it can be tough to support someone in that state. You want to be there for that person but you don’t want to be off-putting or overwhelm them. below are my suggestions on how to help.
- Talk to your friend to identify the issue
- Let them know you’re there for them when they need you
- Suggest them seeing someone in a non-confrontational manner
- Pray for that friend or family member
- Try and keep person active; doing positive things
- Keep the atmosphere positive and encouraging
- There may come a time where an intervention may be necessary if the issue prevails
- Keep a watchful eye
I hope this proves to be helpful to someone. Be healed be happy!