After getting many calls & tweets, I decided to give some of the game I learned to help upcoming artist. #wisdomwed
1. Don’t send DJ’s links on social media & think the work is done. Personal relationships are always better. Get up close & personal. They respect that more then clicking a button.
2. The time to give a DJ your record is when the club opens. That shows your respect & your hustle. No DJ is stopping his music at 1a to play a new song. Be patient.
3. Family members & friends make the best street team. Usually the people around you believe in you the most. So they are more convincing then someone doing it for a check.
4. NEVER burn bridges. You never know who you’re going to need later. This industry is very small.
5. Be you. We already have Wiz Khalifa & Drake. We don’t have your originality. Stop following trends. Set trends.
Follow @979thebox @kiotti on Twitter