Imagine physically going to some of the greatest locations in music: Kool Herc’s apartment, Rick Rubin’s dorm, Kanye’s High School, Aretha Franklin’s childhood home. Wild, right?!
As part of our Black Music Month celebration in June, we’ve lined up a partnership with Foursquare to help bring a local, real world context to all the great black music events we’re highlighting. But before the fun REALLY begins, you need to follow us on Foursquare. Here’s why:
1. It’s crazy, hella, super EASY. Go to Foursquare.com and if you’re not already a member, click on “Join Now.” You can even log in through your Facebook or Twitter account.
2. You get to be our friend on an awesome social network! Just hit up The Urban Daily’s Foursquare page and click on “Add as Friend.” We’re that new kid everybody likes.
3. You’ll be a Black Music expert by the end of the month and beyond. You may THINK you know all there is – but trust us – we have some facts and locations in black music history that will…just…trust us, ok?
4. Your mom’s NOT on Foursquare. Sure, this has nothing to do with us, but just a reason to be on Foursquare. No “mom comments” on your check-ins. We’re looking at you, Facebook.
5. We have a surprise you can earn if you follow us. We can’t tell you what it is right now – but you’ll want it. You’ll see.
So you got all that? Our page looks like this
Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90's Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Wife Jeannie Mai
Sept. 18th is National Cheeseburger Day: Here Are 10 Delicious Burger Deals
Social Media Reacts To 'Shocking' New Mugshot As Tory Lanez Transferred To State Prison
[VIDEO] Drake Drops New Album Bombshell During Texas Show
Win Tickets To See Drake and 21 Savage at The Toyota Center!
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
Houston Rockets Guard Kevin Porter Jr Arrested For Domestic Violence