- Date/time: April 18th
- Venue: Houston Public Library
- Address: 500 McKinney, Houston, TX, 77002
- Web: More Info
Join the MY Link Family
The Houston Public Library Card, MY Link, has many benefits that will link YOU to many Worlds of information and entertainment.
MY Link Library Card opens doors for you – linking YOU to the things you like and the things you love:
from streaming music and movies, e-books and audio books, to access to more than 130 databases and
resources on countless subjects that you can use to build, create or learn anything you want…
Not to mention access to library collections from across the nation, all free for YOU.
The best benefit to MY Link Library Card is that it connects you to a community of people who can simplify
your information needs to get you the answers you want, clearly and easily. HPL staff is available at more than
40 locations throughout Houston as well as online.
So whether you are young, young at heart, a hip-hop head, a rocket scientist, an artist or skater,
a cook, singer or student, MY Link fits YOU.
I have MY Link. Do YOU have yours?
Benefits of Library Card
• Access to more than six million books, e-books, DVDs, magazines and research materials that make up the HPL collection.
• Access to more than 130 electronic resources which include streaming music, videos, images, audiobooks, and countless other subject-based websites and databases.
• Access to books and materials at other libraries, nationally and internationally, through our Interlibrary Loan program.
• Free Wi-Fi and computer access at all HPL Locations.
• Laptop and tablet checkout.
Library cards are free to all Texas residents.
Learn more about our MY Link Library Card partner, H-E-B.
How do I get a MY Link Library Card?
Receive temporary access to Houston Public Library resources, including the ability to access library databases and place holds on materials.
Only 1 hold may be placed using the temporary registration. Visit any Houston Public Library to complete the application process.
*Online registration does not allow access to our downloadable e-books, e-audiobooks and online courses.
Apply in person at any Houston Public Library Location
You must provide a valid photo I.D. with your current address. The following types of photo I.D. are acceptable if they are not expired:
• government agency issued identification card
• passports from any country
• any state driver’s license
• any state or city identification card
• METRO identification card
• school identification card
If the photo I.D. does not include your address, you will need to provide a separate document that includes that information.
Children under 18
Parents or guardians must sign applications for children under 18; if the child is not present, the parent or guardian must provide one of the following:
• a current identification/document in the child’s name issued by a government agency, school, or social services provider
• OR the child’s birth certificate
• OR the child’s immunization record
For details about acceptable alternative forms of identification, you may call the Circulation Department at (832) 393-2222,
M-Th 10-8, Fri-Sat 10-5 or email us at email@example.com.
Library cards expire every 3 years and must be renewed in person.
Lost cards should be reported as soon as possible, as cardholders will be held responsible for any materials checked out on their card.
There is no charge to replace a lost library card.
Library Card Registration Form
Print this form in advance and bring it to any Houston Public Library location to sign up for your library card and
get full access to all library services, including the ability to check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs and renew them online.
Access the Library Card Registration Form
Registration by Mail
If you are a Texas resident and unable to physically come to the library to register for a library card, you can register by mail.
Please print the Library Card registration form and send it, along with a good quality photocopy of your photo I.D. with your current address, to:
Houston Public Library
System Circulation Department (Library Card)
Houston, TX 77002
You can also email a scanned copy of the completed application form and photo I.D. to firstname.lastname@example.org.