Source: Maury Phillips / Getty
Everybody loves Cardi B, and we thought that Cardi loved everyone back — until yesterday, when old tweets and a video resurfaced. People are accusing her of being transphobic and anti-Black.
Twitter user, @wokemutant, accused the rapper of having called “dark-skinned black women” roaches and a monkey, and it took no time for the “Bodak Yellow” emcee to respond. See the post:
After the old tweets made their rounds on social media, Cardi took to Twitter to defend using the term “roach” and how it’s just a “Bronx thing”:
She even posted the video of the time she called herself a roach:
Although it’s obvious how Cardi’s comments could be misconstrued by someone who doesn’t understand her humor, there are many more things happening in the world to be outraged about when it comes to the Black and transgender communities.
Boobs & Bloopers: 15 Times Cardi B Thirst-Trapped Us
12 photos Launch gallery
1. I looooved the dress I wore to present at last nights #bethiphopawards by @abyssbyabby! Shoes @aquazzura! Styled by @rox_brown
1 of 12
2. I'm just reminding YAAA this time will be different ....#gangstabitchmusicvol2
2 of 12
3. MAKE SURE YA WATCH THE BET HIP HOP AWARDS TONIGHT!!!!!! At 8pm HAIR DONE BY the best .Best lace front by @tokyostylez Jumpsuit: @adamselmanShoes: @gianvitorossiStyled by : @iam_kingpeeMUA: @erika_lapearl_mua
3 of 12
4. When I feel like it but trust and believe I'll be dressing like a lil thotty later THANK YOU !!
4 of 12
5. I'm emotional today very annoying -_-
5 of 12
6. Shit gets me tight
6 of 12
7. Late night styling with @lachanelle .This how you really flat your shit out !!!
7 of 12
8. Houston!!!! I will be in your city at Club Drink!! Pull up on me!!
8 of 12
9. IN THAT ORDER
9 of 12
10. I love them my BESTFRIENDS
10 of 12
11. Yaaassss I can't stand myself finally ...I linked with @tokyostylez and birch I'm satisfied..... @japanesefaces for me quick beat !!!!
11 of 12
12. Trust me girl the grass way Greener on this side 😊😊
12 of 12