Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90's Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
[VIDEO] Man Punched For Yelling During Beyonce Mute Challenge In Houston
Sept. 18th is National Cheeseburger Day: Here Are 10 Delicious Burger Deals
Social Media Reacts To 'Shocking' New Mugshot As Tory Lanez Transferred To State Prison
Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Wife Jeannie Mai
Beyoncé Renaissance World Tour Houston: Our Favorite Moments
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
Classics: 7 Scenes From The Movie 'Life' We Still Quote Everyday
Authorities are saying that a 14-year old teenage from Lubbock, Texas was electrocuted by her cell phone while in the bathtub.
Madison Coe was at her father’s house in New Mexico with her cell phone plugged into a wall outlet it is believed that this is how she died.
“There was a burn mark on her hand,” Madison’s grandmother Donna O’Guinn said. “The hand that would have grabbed the phone. That was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.”
The Frenship ISD school officials told CBS affiliate WAFB-TV, “It is with heavy hearts that Frenship ISD mourns the loss of Madison Coe. We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together.”
The eighth-grader was a graduate from Terra Vista middle school and she had planned to attend High School in Houston. The 14-year old was a basketball player and first chair for tuba in her school’s band.
“This is such a tragedy that does’ need to happen to anyone else,” her grandmother said. “We want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cellphone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”
How many ever took electrocution as a possibility when on their cell phones?
More from 97.9 The Box