Source: Archive Photos / Getty
A love letter written by Tupac Shakur in prison recently surfaced revealing why Pac dumped the pop icon.
According to the letter obtained by TMZ, Tupac Shakur ended his relationship with Madonna because she was white.
RELATED: Watch Tupac’s Lost Prison Interview [VIDEO]
Tupac writes, “Can u understand that? For you to be seen with a Black man wouldn’t in any way jeopardize your career. If anything it would make you seem that much more open & exciting,” he wrote in a letter dated Jan. 15, 1995. “But for me at least in my previous perception I felt due to my ‘image’ I would be letting down half of the people who made me what I thought I was. I never meant to hurt you.”
Shakur pours his heart out in the letter and explains that he wished to become a better friend to Madonna.
The note is going up for auction with a starting bid of $100,000. Pac‘s last love letter apparently sold for $170,000.
Read the letter HERE.
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews:
21 Facts You Might Not Have Known About Tupac Shakur
19 photos Launch gallery
1. While at a hotel with his ex-wife, Keisha Morris, the room they were in caught fire. Reportedly, “Tupac was disappointed in her and told her he couldn’t trust her because she didn’t stay with him to fight the fire.”
1 of 19
2. His mom originally named him Lesane Parish Crooks.
2 of 19
3. Tupac’s mom, Afeni Shakur, was a Black Panther, in jail on bombing charges at the time of her pregnancy with the rapper.
3 of 19
4. Tupac was homeless when he first moved to California, living in different shelters for approximately two years.
4 of 19
5. Tupac was a really big fan of actor Jim Carrey.
5 of 19
6. Though Tupac is known for representing the West Coast, he was actually born on the East side of Harlem.
6 of 19
7. Tupac once cried after talking to Maya Angelou on the set of “Poetic Justice.”
7 of 19
8. When marrying Keisha Morris, the priest got to the part where he states “with all your worldly possessions…” Tupac interrupted, letting the priest know: “Well, Keisha can’t have my pool table or my big screen TV.”
8 of 19
9. During an altercation in 1993, Tupac shot two policemen – one in the leg and the other in the butt. Charges against the rapper were later dropped.
9 of 19
10. Tupac and Fredo Starr met at the premiere of “Sunset Park.”
10 of 19
11. Mike Dyson says that during Tupac’s final hours on Earth, “Vincent” by Don Maclean was played repetitively.
11 of 19
12. He and Jada Pinkett Smith once kissed to see if they had any chemistry – but according to Jada, “It had to be the most disgusting kiss for us both.”
12 of 19
13. When he was a kid, his friends gave him clothes for Christmas and birthdays. They knew he was struggling with poverty.
13 of 19
14. Tupac spent 15 days in prison after punching “Menace II Society” director Allen Hughes in the face. He was later replaced by Lorenz Tate. Witnesses say it was more like Hughes was fighting 30 people, referring to Tupac’s entourage who was allegedly jumping him.
14 of 19
15. Pac was required to take an HIV test before doing love scenes with Janet Jackson in “Poetic Justice.”
15 of 19
16. When he died, he was engaged to actress Kidada Jones.
16 of 19
17. After he finished writing his legendary track “Dear Mama,” it is said that he called Jada Pinkett and told her, “I wrote this song about our mothers and I want you to hear it.”
17 of 19
18. Tupac got his last name from his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur.
18 of 19
19. Tupac reportedly had sex with almost all of the women in his x-rated music video “How Do U Want It,” then passed out from exhaustion.
19 of 19