Two decades after his untimely and heartbreaking death, Biggie‘s legacy lives on through his children. CJ Wallace, 20, was only a newborn when B.I.G. was killed. But despite not having his father in his life, he wants to be a rapper and plans to release his debut album later this year.
CJ and his half-brother Joshua Russaw are now in a rap group and they’ve been hitting the studio hard. CJ told the London publication EveningStandard.com that his family has been very supportive, “At a young age I always knew I wanted to do music, it was inevitable. My family have always had my back, whatever I’ve wanted to do they’ve supported. They were always giving me advice on what to do and how to go about things.”
B.I.G. is a hard act to follow, but CJ insists his father’s status as a hip-hop legend is only “fuel,” for him to go hard. We first saw Biggie and Faith Evans’ mini-me in the 2009 biopic Notorious, where CJ played his dad.
Stay tuned for more details on his first project!
All The Lessons Biggie Taught Us About Style
1. Silk button-ups and a mean hat game.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. How to look good as a unit.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. Sometimes, wearing shades while indoors is so necessary.Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Timbs will never steer you wrong.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Every boss should own a pinky ring, or two.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Velour suits so wavy, Kanye was trying to bring them back in 2015.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. One of the few people to make turtlenecks look cool.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. The importance of coordinating.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Versace, Versace, Versace.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Vest God.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. "Every cutie with a booty bought a Coogi."Source:Getty 11 of 11
The Notorious B.I.G.’s Son CJ Wallace Is Getting Ready To Drop An Album was originally published on globalgrind.com