Earlier this week author, playwright, former music exec for Arista Records and holistic Dr. LaJoyce Brookshsire called in to “Kels in the Afternoon” on World AIDS Day (December 1) to share the story of her brush with these disease.
A topic of discussion for Kels show: Would you stay with your significant other if you found out they had AIDS and knew all along without telling you? Dr. Brookshire did.
The doc explains why in her book and play, Faith Under Fire, where she talks about how she took care of her husband she found out had full-blown AIDS, was on the down-low, and didn’t reveal his status to her because he didn’t want to die alone.
Press play to hear Dr. Brookshire, who moved on from the shocking turn of events HIV negative, retell her story and offer safe sex tips up top!
- 7 HIV/AIDS Myths We Need To Stop Falling For
- Ex-Friend Threatens To Expose Gucci Mane’s Alleged Gay Secrets
- Watch Cam’ron Prove That He’s Still Not A Fan Of Jay Z [VIDEO]
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @92qjamsbmore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
A Tribute to Folks We Lost to AIDS
1. Eazy-E 1963-19951 of 19
2. Alvin Ailey 1931-19892 of 19
3. Franklyn Seales 1952-19903 of 19
4. Jermaine Stewart 1957-19974 of 19
5. Kevin Peter Hall 1955-19915 of 19
6. Gia Carangi 1960-19866 of 19
7. Arthur Ashe 1943-19937 of 19
8. Larry Riley 1953-19928 of 19
9. Fela Kuti 1938-19979 of 19
10. Willi Smith 1948-198710 of 19
11. Sharon Redd 1945-199211 of 19
12. Pedro Zamora 1972-199412 of 19
13. David Hampton 1964-200313 of 19
14. Yvonne Vera 1964-200514 of 19
15. Freddie Mercury 1946-199115 of 19
16. Perry Watkins 1948-199616 of 19
17. Anthony Perkins 1932-199217 of 19
18. Rick Aviles 1952-199518 of 19
19. Robert Reed 1932-199219 of 19
Biggie Smalls Former Publicist Recalls Her Brush With AIDS, Shares Safe Sex Tips [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on 92q.com