Mary J. Blige is set to interview presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, for her show “The 411” for Apple Music set to air September 30th.
The interview seems to be “Just Fine” for her fans but her singing the Bruce Springsteen song, “American Skin (41 Shots),” many seemed to question.
I’m not sure that many know the song but her singing, “If an officer stops you, always be polite. And never, ever run away, promise mama you’ll keep your hands in sight,” confused some of her core fans and social bloggers alike.
Mary didn’t seem to appreciate the “hateration” and sent a little message via twitter on Wednesday that she deleted hours later that said, “Everybody shut the “F*&*” up! #takethat #Haters #crabsinabarrel #simpleminded #411.”
Check out a sneak peak of MJB’s convo with Hillary Clinton below.
Mary J. Blige’s 22 Most Classic Looks Over The Years (PHOTOS)
22 photos Launch gallery
1. A classic Mary J. Blige look.
1 of 22
2. Pink fur and silver metallic, Mary definitely took her share of fashion dares.
2 of 22
3. Mary might’ve had many changes over the years, but the blonde hair and dark sunglasses always remained constant.
3 of 22
4. Mary rocks beautiful honey blonde curls.
4 of 22
5. Mary accepting a VIBE award.
5 of 22
6. She’s gorgeous in gold.
6 of 22
7. Denim and leather chaps, get ’em Mary.
7 of 22
8. Even with her hair tied, chillin’ with no make up on, Mary pulls it off.
8 of 22
9. Mary looks flawless in a red leather vest.
9 of 22
10. Leather and fur, two of Mary’s favorites.
10 of 22
11. Whoa, MJB is fiery in her red hair and a matching red leather ensemble.
11 of 22
12. The Queen of Hip Hop/Soul right before she sang the National Anthem on Thanksgiving at the Oakland Raiders vs. Dallas Cowboys in 2013.
12 of 22
13. The bold red lip was a nice pop of color to her otherwise all nude ensemble.
13 of 22
14. Mary J. and her hubby Kendu Isaacs pose on the red carpet.
14 of 22
15. All black everything with a dash of Hermes, Mary’s doing what she does best: singing
15 of 22
16. Fresh faced, Mary is naturally a beauty.
16 of 22
17. Ooo kill ’em! The “No More Drama” singer gets seductive in an all black body hugging number accented with sexy slits.
17 of 22
18. Such cute leather gloves.
18 of 22
19. Mary had some dope accessories, peep the fly hat.
19 of 22
20. Pink is such a great color for her.
20 of 22
21. MJB shows some cleavage in a laced up denim top.
21 of 22
22. Mary shows off some leg, nice thigh tattoo.
22 of 22