Prince’s sister, Tyka Nelson, confirmed that the dead singer did not leave a will. “According to court documents filed by Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson in probate court, the late icon had no known will.” Prince, who died at 57, left behind an estate that could be worth more than $300 million. This doesn’t include any future profits, as his music will likely continue to sell and generate revenue for an indefinite period of time. Since his death, Prince has sold over 3.5 million albums.
Michael Strahan will leave his show Live! on May 13th, four months earlier than originally intended. Kelly Ripa, his co-host, has made news since she reportedly became irate she wasn’t informed of his move to Good Morning, America. “ABC executives apologized to Strahan, 44, for putting him in a difficult position, after announcing his departure last week, Ripa called out of work on Wednesday, leading to a tense, week-long standoff, before she returned to work this morning, joking that the “long national nightmare is over.” Sources say Michael doesn’t have a problem with Kelly and has respected her response to what happened. “They didn’t talk about it beforehand but he respected that it was her thing to do, however she wanted to do it.”
Kerry Washington has signed a production deal with ABC Studios. The deal will allow her to do more behind-the-scenes work with Simpson Street, her newly formed production company.
“I believe strongly in the importance of having a seat at the table which makes starting this production company thrilling for me. It’s an honor to be at a point in my career when I can help generate projects that that are exciting, necessary, and truly reflect the world around us,” Washington said.
Morgan Freeman received the Chaplin Award at the Lincoln Center gala. The honor is “a career recognition prize which has also been bestowed upon, among others, Martin Scorsese, Sidney Poitier, Meryl Streep, and Audrey Hepburn.” The honor lasted about two hours and included clips from thirty-one films over the span of Morgan’s career. He was overcome with emotion at the honor.
“Thanks to those who attend movies, to my fellow actors, all of whom I adore,” Freeman concluded. “Knowing my name is now on a list with so many cinema legends that I admire and venerate is something that I promise you that I will cherish forever.”
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Morgan Freeman, Tori Kelly, Fetty Wap, & More
1. This is Morgan Freeman dressed up like a mummy on set of "Going In Style" in New York City.Source:Splash News 1 of 11
2. Fetty Wap posted up with some fine ladies on the set of a new video with Chris Brown and DJ Khaled.Source:Splash News 2 of 11
3. Hailey Baldwin looked great in Soho as she ties up her hair for a photoshoot.Source:Splash News 3 of 11
4. How great is this picture of Jamie Foxx and former tennis player Boris Becker taking a selfie at the US Open?Source:Splash News 4 of 11
5. Vroom. Here's Chris Brown bicken back on an ATV Quad vehicle shirtless while on break from filming a music video with DJ Khaled, August Alsina, and Fetty Wap.Source:Splash News 5 of 11
6. Always on Fleek! Here's Kim Kardashian West, Kylie Jenner, Khloe Kardashian, and Kris Jenner hosting a dinner and preview of their new apps launching soon at Nobu Malibu.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. Lewis Hamilton, you got bad service or you taking a selfie?Source:Splash News 7 of 11
8. Our boy Ed Sheeran flashes a smile while out with his mystery lady, this time at the Philadelphia Phillies Vs. New York Mets game. We didn't show her because we respect his privacy.Source:Splash News 8 of 11
9. Serena Williams and Venus Williams stop for a brief chat on Day Three of the 2015 US Open.Source:Splash News 9 of 11
10. Tori Kelly, who blew everyone away with her performance at the MTV VMAs, was seen leaving BBC Radio One Studios and spending time with the fans outside.Source:Splash News 10 of 11
11. Rita Ora headed inside to do her duties as a judge on "X-Factor."Source:Splash News 11 of 11
LATE NIGHT ROUNDUP: Prince Doesn’t Leave A Will, Michael Strahan Leaves ‘Live’ On May 13th, & More! was originally published on globalgrind.com