Let’s just say, she probably would’ve beaten George W. Bush in the 2000 presidential election.
The whole world watched as Beyonce unleashed her sixth studio album on HBO for a special premiere this weekend. No one knew what Beyonce was going to deliver this time around, and many fans were surprised to hear the explosive nature of Lemonade.
Themes of infidelity, anger, emptiness, apathy, hope, reconciliation, feminism, and Black identity allowed Beyonce to expose herself like we’ve never seen her before, and for many women, the theme of infidelity hit especially close to home.
In the Lemonade film, the word “apathy” appears on the screen before the song “Sorry,” in which Beyonce recites a spoken word piece with the lyrics:
“So what are you gonna say at my funeral now that you’ve killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life whose heart I broke without a gun to my head. Here lies the mother of my children both living and dead. Rest in peace my true love, who I took for granted. Most bomb pussy, who because of me sleep evaded. Her shroud is loneliness, her god was listening. Her heaven will be a love without betrayal. Ashes to ashes, dust to side chicks.”
Mrs. Carter also references a “Becky with the good hair,” which has sparked another controversy surrounding rumors of Jay Z having an alleged extramarital affair with fashion designer Rachel Roy, who’s also Dame Dash’s ex.
We know, very messy.
The most infamous side chick, Monica Lewinsky, who’s most known for having “sexual relations” with former president Bill Clinton, jokingly weighed in on Lemonade and its side chick references.
Glad Monica has a sense of humor, but we’re pretty sure Hillary Clinton wants to snatch her wig off. Ashes to ashes, and dust to side chicks.
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
24 Photos Of Beyonce Showing Support For Other Women
1. Beyonce and another queen, Adele.Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. Beyonce shows Taylor Swift some love.Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. Beyonce gives Kelly Rowland a tight squeeze.Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. Beyonce shows her fellow TIDAL member Rihanna some love.Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Bey and Nicki Minaj rock the stage.Source:Getty 5 of 24
6. Bey and Michelle Obama are basically besties.Source:Getty 6 of 24
7. Beyonce and her Dream Girls, Jennifer Hudson and Anika Noni Rose.Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. Beyonce and Robin Roberts share a laugh.Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. Beyonce and her fam, Missy Elliott, Kelly Rowland, and Solange Knowles.Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. Beyonce x Mama Knowles.Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. The Queens of the biz... Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Madonna, and Beyonce.Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. Goofy faces.Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. Bey shows her sis Solange some love.Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. Shakira and Beyonce's hips don't lie.Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. Bey flicks it up with another Queen, Mary J. Blige.Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. Beyonce is goo goo for Gaga.Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. Jill Scott and Beyonce flick it up.Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. Bey leans in close for a pic with Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade.Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. Beyonce and Queen Kris Jenner.Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. Beyonce x Kim K. x North West x Anna Wintour.Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. Looking good, ladies.Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. Beyonce shares a stylish moment with Lupita Nyong'o.Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. Bey x J. Lo.Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. Nicki & Queen Bey.Source:Getty 24 of 24
Monica Lewinsky Reacts To Beyonce’s “Lemonade” Side Chick References was originally published on globalgrind.com