SXSW is one of the most unique festivals in the world combining interactive, film, and music.
The nine day festival in Austin, TX can be the best move you make all year if you conquer it. Although SXSW offers more events than we can even keep up with, don’t be overwhelmed. We have 12 secrets and tips for you to survive SXSW 2016.
12. Discover new artists and see some classic artists. Lineups include talent like Future, DJ Khaled, Nas, Anderson .Paak, Kehlani, Desiigner, 2 Chainz, and more.
11. Live on social media if you want to survive. Stay on Twitter and Instagram for live updates about free parties, how long lines are, and when venues reach capacity.
10. Prioritize how you spend your time. Prepare for some waiting but don’t wait in line for 4 hours for just one event.
9. SXSW is way more than just music, hit up all kind of events. Michelle Obama, Bun B, Kerry Washington, and more will all be speaking at different sessions throughout the week.
8. Go to events with free food and booze. Tons of sponsors provide everything from tacos to beer to backpacks! Do it for the free.
7. Look out for random dope pop-ups. Bruh, there’s gonna be a 100-foot Ferris wheel in the middle of the city.
6. Instead of blowing all your money on an Uber, rent a bike or just walk to wherever your going. Traffic will be terrible, you’ll save money and get there faster.