Rick Ross is facing some very serious charges, but he’s mounting a defense that he thinks can get the case thrown out.
Right now, the Black Market rapper is charged with kidnapping, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, and possession of a firearm while committing a crime after he allegedly pistol whipped and detained his groundskeeper last year.
But TMZ reports Ross was acting in “self-defense and defending his property” against groundskeeper Jonathan Zamudio, who was partying with cocaine and drug paraphernalia in the guest house of the artist’s Georgia estate, according to lawyer Steve Sadow.
The groundskeeper is friends with 50 Cent, who posted an image of them together with the original caption: “This is my FRIEND Jonathan, he was kidnapped and assaulted. He has chipped teeth from being pistol whipped. I can’t imagine how bad that hurt. Wait I bet it hurts like being a CO/ Rapper in Jail. This is not me this KANAN. Now you pay.”
The caption has since been changed. In the meantime, it looks like Rick Ross is also hanging out with friends of 50 Cent. The Miami rapper and Floyd Mayweather were spotted together in D.C.
14 Pics Of Rick Ross Shirtless (PHOTOS)
1. He's Sexy & He Knows It.1 of 14
2. Reppin' Miami Heat & No Shirt.2 of 14
3. Say Cheese.3 of 14
4. Takin' A Dip On The Shallow Side.4 of 14
5. Lights, Camera, No Shirt Action.5 of 14
6. Big & Handsome.6 of 14
7. It's Too Hot To Have A Shirt On Stage.7 of 14
8. Looking At All The Haters.8 of 14
9. Candid Camera.9 of 14
10. Wildin' Out On The Cover Of Rolling Stone.10 of 14
11. Rick Ross & Gucci Mane11 of 14
12. He Made The Sexy Issue.12 of 14
13. Stunna Shades On, Shirt Off.13 of 14
14. Is He Hot Or Cold?14 of 14
Rick Ross Wants His Kidnapping & Assault Case Thrown Out, Here’s Why was originally published on globalgrind.com