Confident about his lead in national polls, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump told supporters Saturday that he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and still not lose votes.
The shocking comments, made at a weekend campaign rally, surprisingly garnered a few laughs. A national conversation surrounding gun violence and gun reform has pitted presidential candidates against each other, even in the wake of several mass shootings in recent months.
It seems the devastating violence was lost on the presidential hopeful, who said this in front of his loyal supporters:
“I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”
Last month, he appeared to consider whether he would kill journalists, as Russian President Vladimir Putin — whom Trump defended — has been accused of doing.
“I would never kill them. I would never do that,” Trump told supporters in Grand Rapids, Michigan, before reconsidering.
“Uh, let’s see, uh?” he said aloud, his voice rising. “No, I would never do that.”
Scary, considering this is the same guy who spews anti-Muslim rhetoric, has made disparaging comments about marginalized people and who’s leading in the polls.
What do you think about Trumps comment? Sound off below.
SOURCE: CNN | VIDEO SOURCE: YouTube
Fun Facts About The Wives Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates
1. Bernie & Jane O'Meara SandersSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Dr. Ben Carson & Lacena "Candy" CarsonSource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Lincoln & Stephanie ChafeeSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Mike & Katie O'MalleySource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Jim & Hong Le WebbSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Ted & Heidi Nelson CruzSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Jeb & Columba BushSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Mike & Janet HuckabeeSource:Getty 8 of 14
9. Chris Christie & Mary Pat FosterSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Marco Rubio & Jeanette DousdebesSource:Getty 10 of 14
11. Donald & Melania Knauss-TrumpSource:Getty 11 of 14
12. Bill & Hillary ClintonSource:Getty 12 of 14
13. Carly & Frank FiorinaSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. John Kasich & Karen WaldbilligSource:Getty 14 of 14
WATCH: Donald Trump Is Confident He Could Shoot Someone & Still Not Lose Voters was originally published on newsone.com