With college-application deadlines approaching and students scheduling campus visits for the spring, the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best & Worst College Cities & Towns in America.
To identify the college cities and towns offering the best combination of academic, social and economic growth potential for college students, WalletHub ranked 326 U.S. cities based on 23 key metrics, ranging from the quality of higher education to crime rates to cost of living.
The College Experience in Houston (1=Best; 163=Avg.)
- 54th – Adjusted Cost of Living for Young People
- 33rd – Quality of Higher Education
- 112th – Cost of Higher Education
- 88th – Number of Nightlife Options per Capita
- 129th – Brain Drain
- 144th – City Accessibility
- 111th – Student Gender Balance