On Tuesday’s episode of The View, Michael Strahan stopped by to discuss his new book Wake Up Happy and of course, the female hosts on the panel couldn’t help but ask him about his appearance in PEOPLE magazine’s “Sexiest Man” list of 2016.
But despite being in amazing shape, Strahan appeared in the “Dad Bod” category of the mag, a descriptor usually reserved for dads who’ve gone a little, um, soft in the belly. But he says he’s proud to rep for the dads in shape, especially since he’s been working out for most of his life.
But you might be surprised to know that it all started when he was 13 and was teased for being overweight.
“I started working out out of being called B.O.B., you know for ‘booty on back,’ or chunky,” he said. “The shame or the feeling bad about myself made me work out.”
So what was his first foray into fitness?
“I bought the Jane Fonda work out tapes … the VHS tapes,” he said. “I didn’t do the hair, I did not wear the leggings or the leotard and I did not have the leg warmers on. I may have had a pair of white sneakers though.”
We definitely didn’t see that one coming. But hey, it’s definitely worked for him.
Hollywood Hotties Who Should Be On People's Sexiest Man Alive List
1. Idris ElbaSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. Will SmithSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Michael BAE JordanSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. Morris ChestnutSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Michael EalySource:Getty 5 of 12
6. John David WashingtonSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Denzel WashingtonSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. Omari HardwickSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. DrakeSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. Trai BeyersSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. Jesse WilliamsSource:Getty 11 of 12
12. President ObamaSource:Getty 12 of 12
WATCH: Michael Strahan Says He’s Proud Of His ‘Dad Bod’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com