Last night, as Jay Z, Nicki Minaj, and Beyonce rocked Brooklyn’s Barclays Center with amazing performances at the TIDAL X: 1020 presentation amplified by HTC, celebrities, influencers, and VIPs were treated to a wonderful experience courtesy of the good folks over at D’USSE.
I was blessed to be on hand and experience the whole thing. When I first got to the Barclays, I was ushered directly into the D’USSE Lounge, where all the artists and VIPs could gather while hanging out backstage. Kevin Liles and Memphis Bleek sipped D’USSE while they caught up on old times.
The room was filled with other big names, including Robinson Cano, Fabolous, Thomas Rhett, Meek Mill, Vic Mensa, Indochine, Justine Skye, Angie Martinez, Hit Boy, A$AP Ferg, DJ Reflex, Memphis Bleek, Bas, Cipha Sounds, Kevin Garrett, and Mack Wilds. After getting a few drinks, I decided to head out to the D’USSE Riser, the place where all the VIP guests got to watch the show. I even crossed paths with Beyonce and Blue Ivy heading to their dressing room!
Did Beyonce just smile and greet me? Either way, I tipped my D’USSE perfect pour in her honor and headed to enjoy the show. As I walked backstage, I saw a who’s who of people chatting it up in the hallways and enjoying D’USSE cognac. Robinson Cano was getting a brand new phone from HTC, while Mack Wilds and Justine Skye were back there hitting the dab.
Once I finally got to the Riser, I had the perfect view of the show and as an added bonus, a beautiful waitress was there to hand-deliver us beverages so we wouldn’t miss a minute.
Meek Mill’s set was great, as Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, and French Montana came out to get it popping, but as you all know by now, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, and Jay stole the show and brought the house down.
Afterwards, the D’USSE Lounge turned into the pre-party for the main afterparty, which D’USSE sponsored at Jay’s 40/40 Club in Manhattan. Most arrived around 1 a.m. after the festivities in Brooklyn. Guests at the 40/40 included Shawn Pecas Costner, Lenny Santiago, Angie Martinez, Skylar Diggins, Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, Tinashe, Lewis Hamilton, Tyson Beckford, Vic Mensa, Meek Mill, and Justine Skye. Angie, Pecas, and Lenny were also in the JAY Z Lounge playing a competitive few rounds of pool.
Nick Jonas arrived with Tinashe and they headed into the Corzo Lounge with friends, including Joe Jonas, who arrived shortly after. A bottle of D’USSE and Ace of Spades arrived at Nick’s table almost immediately.
Take a look at a few photos of the festivities in our gallery below.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
1 of 20
1. Jay Z plants a kiss on his wife on stage.
2 of 20
2. A svelte Rick Ross takes in the crowd noise as he joins Meek on stage.
3 of 20
3. French Montana and Khaled stopped by as well to do “Stay Schemin.”
4 of 20
4. T.I. and Dro came through with a high energy performance.
5 of 20
5. Nasty Nas did his new song “Chains.”
6 of 20
6. Gimme 5!
7 of 20
7. Rick Ross debuts his slimmed down frame.
8 of 20
8. Beyonce and Nicki Minaj trade dance secrets down on bended knee.
9 of 20
9. Rick Ross throws up the Roc sign as Hov spits his lyrics and dabs.
10 of 20
10. Inside the D’ussè Lounge big deals were made and good times were had.
11 of 20
11. Nas and Usher performed “Chains.”
12 of 20
12. Justine Skye gave a perfect pose backstage.
13 of 20
13. Vic Mensa was in a much better mood than he’s letting on in this picture.
14 of 20
14. Fergie and DJ Cassidy posed for pics, and Fergie even took a few more selfies.
15 of 20
16 of 20
16. Mack Wilds took a break from finishing his album to hit the dab and drink some D’USSE.
17 of 20
17. Meek Mill had the crowd jumping off his intro.
18 of 20
18. At least four people asked me if other White guys were Nick Jonas. I gladly pointed out that Nick is on stage.
19 of 20
19. D’USSE to finish the night off strong.
20 of 20
20. The End.
D’USSE Had Tidal’s Backstage At Barclays Lit, If I Do Say So Myself was originally published on globalgrind.com