It’s time for Leo to do it again.
DiCaprio and Davisson will be producing through their Appian Way banner. The movie will be based on Jack Ewing’s upcoming book, which details the scandal surrounding Volkswagen’s decision to place illegal software in their clean diesel cars. Every time a car was being tested for fuel emissions, the software would turn on the emissions to cheat the test in hopes of meeting Environmental Protection Agency standards. Because of this move, Volkswagen is facing a staggering $18 billion in fines from the EPA.
This regrettable move has caused VW’s stock to flounder, tarnished the reputation of the company, and forced the resignation of CEO Martin Winterkorn.
But this movie will only bolster Leo’s already impressive producing resume, which features credits in films like The Wolf of Wall Street, Runner Runner, and Out of the Furnace.
As of now, no actors or directors have been revealed.
SOURCE: Variety | PHOTO CREDIT: Splash
1 of 15
1. Leonardo frequently vacays in places that consist of good drinks and good friends.
2 of 15
2. Leo sure knows how to pick the sexiest supermodels to have by his side – like Bar Refaeli.
3 of 15
3. Leo wouldn’t be a baller if he didn’t hang around infamous ballers like Diddy.
4 of 15
4. Leo started partying at an early age, seen here attending the opening of Studio 54.
5 of 15
5. Leonardo is known for having sexy chicks by his side.
6 of 15
6. Leo gets his chill on in Ibiza, Spain.
7 of 15
7. Leo is no stranger to basketball games and beer.
8 of 15
8. DiCaprio seems to be his happiest when he’s around sports and friends…
9 of 15
9. …and gorgeous supermodels like Bar Refaeli.
10 of 15
10. Leonardo has friends from every walk of life, that makes him the ultimate baller.
11 of 15
11. Only ballers ride Citi bikes and talk on the phone at the same time.
12 of 15
12. No one else can make water jet packing look as good as Leo does.
13 of 15
13. Leo toasts to the good life with Naomi Campbell and friends as they vacation in Italy.
14 of 15
14. DiCaprio loves fine wine and fine women.
15 of 15
15. It’s not often we see the gorgeous actor topless, but, here ya go!
Oscar Time? Leonardo DiCaprio To Produce Movie On The Volkswagen Scandal was originally published on globalgrind.com