(HOUSTON)— Some undocumented children from Central America who entered the U.S. illegally and are now in Houston will be getting free legal representation for their immigration hearings.
Assistant Harris County Attorney John Odam said they recently held a legal workshop and many local attorneys stepped forward and volunteered to represent the undocumented children for free.
“About 100 had indicated that they would like to assist and volunteer their services,” Odam said. “That, you know, charge no fee for it to assist with the hearings.”
Houston has received about 3,000 Central American children who entered the U.S. illegally.
They are currently being cared for by family members or approved sponsors while their immigration cases wind through the courts.
- State Bar Warns Immigrants Should Choose Legal Help Carefully
- Humanitarian Crisis On The Border Diminishing
- Immigration Reform On The Table As Congress Gets Back To Work
- Harris Co. Attorney Educates on Rights of Undocumented Kids in Texas
- Will Houston House Undocumented Immigrant Kids?
- Houston Officials: Undocumented Kids Do Not Pose Health Threat
- ACLU: Don’t Remove Protections In Place For Undocumented Children
- Inside Texas’ New Detention Center for the Undocumented
- Undocumented Immigrant Kids Flown to Houston
- President Wants $2B to Deal with Influx of Undocumented Kids
The Latest News Headlines, Traffic and Weather: Follow @news92fm
Undocumented Children Find Free Legal Aid in Houston was originally published on news92fm.com
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Enter to Win $500 Cash PLUS Rod Wave Tickets!
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway November 28th
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
10 Celebrities Caught With Transgender Women [PHOTOS]
Sean Paul ft. Kelly Rowland "How Deep Is Your Love" [AUDIO]
Big Slim Is Hosting A Holiday Party and Toy Drive At Checkers!