Last night everyone who is someone in fashion attended the Met Gala in New York City. While most were swooning over Beyonce and Rihanna, I was star-gazing at one particular face the minute she hit those steps. Joan Smalls stopped for her moment on the red carpet and chatted with a few reporters about her gown selection. But I was not here for that. I only wanted to know where I could grab those violet lips!
MUST READ: Met Gala 2014: The Best & Worst Dressed
High five to me…I found it. Fashionista.com snagged the deets on what Joan’s makeup artist, Sir John (he also beats Beyonce’s face) used to create the best beauty look of the evening.
“Navy eyeliner mixed with pink and magenta lipstick. All from Estée Lauder,” Sir John said via his PR rep. – Fashionista.com
And in case you were wondering, Joan Smalls is the face of Estée Lauder. To duplicate this wildly amazing lip use two of Estée Lauder’s new shades from their Pure Color collection: Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Dominant and Insolent Plum.
You can thank me later!
Follow me @gorgeousingrey
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY:
Red Carpet Rewind: The Best Met Gala Dresses Of All Time
1. The Best Met Gala Dresses Of All TimeSource: 1 of 9
2. Beyoncé in Alexander McQueenSource: 2 of 9
3. Rihanna in Dolce & GabbanaSource: 3 of 9
4. Beyonce In GivenchySource: 4 of 9
5. Karolina Kurkova in Rachel ZoeSource: 5 of 9
6. Anne Hathaway in ValentinoSource: 6 of 9
7. Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartneySource: 7 of 9
8. January Jones in VersaceSource: 8 of 9
9. Jennifer Love HewittSource: 9 of 9
GET THE LOOK: Joan Smalls’ Vibrant Violet Lip From The Met Gala was originally published on hellobeautiful.com