It’s been recently reported that Chris Brown is diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, post traumatic stress disorder and other mental disorders which he may or may not be receiving medications for. Some are even saying that the disorder and the lack of taking his prescribed medications is the reason Chris has been acting out and being physically aggressive.
We haven’t heard Chris Breezy confirm it out of his own mouth, but Lets be real: BIPOLAR DISORDER IS NO JOKE! There are various things a person can do to try to tame bipoloar symptoms such as take meds, relaxation exercises and refrain from using recreational drugs that could potentially trigger symptons etc. But we’d like to share with you 5 SIGNS TO SPOT Bipolar Symptoms, found on health.com.
1. HAPPY! (no not the Pharrell song), we’re talking about being in a GREAT MOOD or HYPOMANIA. Bipolar disorder is characterized by up-and-down episodes of mania and depression. During a manic phase, some patients can have a total break from reality. But hypomania, which is also a symptom of the disorder, is a high-energy state in which a person feels exuberant but hasn’t lost his or her grip on reality. A person’s mood can be elevated, they may have a lot of energy and creativity, and they may experience euphoria. This is the “up” side of bipolar disorder that some people with the condition actually enjoy—while it lasts.
2. DISTRACTIBLE, never completes tasks: Having a house full of half-completed projects is a hallmark of bipolar disorder. Those who can’t often go from task to task, planning grand, unrealistic projects that are never finished before moving on to something else.
3. DEPRESSION: A person who is in a bipolar depressive state looks just like someone who has regular depression. They have the same problems with energy, appetite, sleep, and focus as others and they say typical antidepressants alone don’t work well in patients who are bipolar. They can even make people cycle more frequently, worsening their condition, or send someone into a break-with-reality episode.
4. ATTITUDE! or MIXED MANIA: mixed mania,” where they experience symptoms of mania and depression at the same time. During this state, they are often extremely irritable. People with bipolar disorder it often becomes so severe that it interferes with their relationships
5. FAST TALKER: rapid or pressured speech is one of the most common symptoms of bipolar disorder. The person will talk rapidly and if you try to speak, they will likely just talk over you.
This is just a start. There are many more signs to watch out for when it comes to Bipolar Disorder. If you have someone you may suspect is bipolar, you should definitely research more into it to truly educate yourself on the mood disorder and how maybe you can help. Read more from health.com here.