Consider These Survival Tips:
• If you normally use hot hair tools (blow dryers, hot irons, electric curlers) every day, try and give your hair a break during the summer months. Consider letting your air dry. Take a break from hot curling.
Hair braided with medium to lose tension when wet will air dry into beautiful waves.
• For sun exposed or sun damaged tresses, perform regular deep hair conditioning treatments utilizing hair repair products.
• Jojoba oil applied to the ends of your strands will help soften them. Jojoba oil also works wonders on frizzy hair; and can also be utilized as a pre-shampoo treatment or applied to dry strands for protection during the day.
• For extra conditioning treatment apply a deep conditioner to damp or dry tresses, wrap in plastic wrap or a shower cap just before bedtime. Allow the deep conditioner to soak into damaged hair sections overnight for extra repair and re-moisturizing benefits.
• When you find yourself out in the sun, at the beach or at the pool without pre-planning, reach for a hat to cover delicate strands. If a hat is not within reach the next best thing, sunscreen. Slather a regular SPF product on your tresses making sure to concentrate the product onto your scalp as well as the full strands of your hair. Although not a perfect solution, it will help to block the sun’s harmful rays and save your tresses from major sun damage. Hair can get sunburned just like the scalp. The only way to deal with severely burnt hair is by trimming the damaged sections off. Prevention is the safest plan. Frizzy hair is often the result of too much sun time.
• If you love the look of blow dried hair, use a leave- in conditioner designed to protect your hair when blow drying.
• When the summer heat is hottest manage frizzies by wearing your hair up in a knot, bun, braids or twists that are not too tight.
• Be careful using shine products to control frizz. These products often contain silicone and can coat your hair and make it look dull after just a few times. This will only make the problems worse in the long run.
• Be religious about your trims. Since summer heat can be brutal, make sure you have the ends trimmed every 6-8 weeks during the summer months. When your ends are frizzy, it’s a sure sign that they are either damaged, split or both.
• Hair needs to be treated more gently during the summer. Consider switching to a moisturizing and overall gentle shampoo. Always follow up with a deep moisturizing conditioner.
• For summer months consider switching to hair care products that are as all-natural as possible. Keep in mind it is best to avoid any hair care or styling products contains alcohol such as holding sprays; or formaldehyde which may be found in some gels since they can be excessively drying to the hair.
• Shampoo your hair weekly during summer months to allow your tresses to absorb maximum moisture. When possible, finish with a cool to cold rinse to seal the hair cuticle, this will give your hair natural shimmer and shine.
Take care of your hair during the summer and you won’t have to spend the fall and winter trying to repair your summer hair care indiscretions. Prevention is always the best action for your hair.
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Enter to Win $500 Cash PLUS Rod Wave Tickets!
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway November 28th
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
10 Celebrities Caught With Transgender Women [PHOTOS]
Big Slim Is Hosting A Holiday Party and Toy Drive At Checkers!
Sean Paul ft. Kelly Rowland "How Deep Is Your Love" [AUDIO]