Shameful. Sad. Sick. These are the words that first come to mind when we saw that Raz B’s story about falling into a coma after being attacked with a bottle in Shanghai was false.
Many media outlets reported that the former B2K star jumped off stage to stop a fight and was hit in the face with a bottle. Raz B shared photos of his bloody face with TMZ and days after we found out about the attack, Raz’s health seemed to have gotten worse. In an attempt to repair his busted lip, Raz underwent a minor surgery, then allegedly fell into a coma.
The singer’s brother, who performs under the name Ricky Romance, said in a statement sent to CNN Monday afternoon that he had been “misled by unknown reasons.”
“I was unfortunately unable to contact my brother at the time and then panicked,” Romance said. “I then alerted as many people of this information hoping to gather facts… Since the source that gave me this information was what I thought to be legitimately reliable I didn’t question I just believed. I apologize if I seem like I jumped to conclusions but a coma is a serious situation and it was concerning my brother whom is my best friend as well. I sincerely apologize for the confusion I caused if that is the case.”
A celebrity news website first reported the original member of the boy band B2K was in a coma Saturday, identifying its source as Toy Jones.
Although Jones gave CNN the same information Sunday, she declined to give the name of the hospital — only saying it was in the Zhejiang province near Shanghai.
Several hours later, Jones sent CNN a written statement saying the singer had miraculously recovered from the coma and would be released from the hospital in days. The unedited statement reads: “Doctor says Numerous Brain scans showed that Raz’s entire cortex- the parts of the brain that give us consciousness, thought, Memory and understanding is now functioning. Doctors say its a miracle and told his family that he stands a strong chance of survival and no signs of being brain dead for the rest of his life against all odds,Raz woke up this morning and is in stable condition We ask the the fans and media respect our family’s privacy”
CNN chose not to report the story until the story until details could be confirmed by the U.S. State Department, officials at the U.S. embassy in China or Chinese officials. Raz B also reached out personally to CNN in an e-mail asking that nothing be published.
Up Next: Kris Humphries Tells Kanye Wests’s Dirty Secrets?!
PM BUZZ: John Legend Gets Naked; Raz B Coma Hoax; K. Michelle’s New Man & More was originally published on hellobeautiful.com