You first heard the story of a homeless Houston veteran ticketed while dumpster diving for food on our sister station, News 92 FM. This case drew attention from all over the country. Yesterday, homeless veteran James Kelly‘s case for dumpster diving was dismissed. But his attorney Randall Kallinen says the fight isn’t over yet until Mayor Parker’s food ordnance is overturned.
A vote on this controversial ordinance is expected today at the Houston city council meeting.
- Homeless Houston Veteran Cited for Dumpster Diving in Search for Food [Listen]
- Exclusive: Homeless Veteran Grateful as Lawyer Tackles City’s ‘Anti-Homeless’ Agenda [Listen]
- Food Sharing Ordinance In Houston Takes Effect
- Homeless Feeding Ordinance Passes During Houston City Council Meeting
- City Of Houston Considers New Regulations For Feeding Homeless
Homeless Veteran Cited for Dumpster Diving Has Case Dismissed was originally published on news92fm.com