Here are a few U.S statistics about HIV/AIDS:
- 1 in 5 people are living with HIV and are unaware of their infection.
- every 9.5 minutes, someone in the U.S is infected with HIV.
- Gay and Bisexual men of all races are the most severely affected by HIV.
- By race, African Americans face the most severe HIV burden.
Since June of 1981, HIV has infected 1.7 million people and has taken 619,000 lives.
Get yourself in the know about HIV/AIDS.
For more HIV/AIDS U.S statistics, read here!
More HIV/AIDS Links:
- Think You Know Everything About HIV? Test Your Knowledge!
- It’s National HIV Testing Day! 8 Quick Facts About HIV
- National HIV Testing Day [VIDEO]
- 2012 Hip Hop For HIV Performers