BET AWARDS 2011 TRIP TEXT CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The BET Awards 2011 Text Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, May 23rd, 2011 at 6:00am CST and end on Thursday, May 26TH, 2011 at 11:59pm CST. (“Contest Period”). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received from text message contesting.
Listeners of KBXX-FM who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older (at the time of Contest entry) and are legal residents of the United States who are physically residing in the Houston / Galveston metropolitan area will have the opportunity to participate in the Contest for a chance to win (1) one, trip for winner and guest to the BET Awards event scheduled for Sunday, June 26th, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. Grand prize consist of roundtrip coach air transportation for winner and guest between Houston, Texas and a major gateway airport in or near Los Angeles, California; air travel must originate from a Houston area airport, (2) two-nights double occupancy hotel accommodations in (1) one room and (2) two tickets to the BET Awards 2011 event scheduled for Sunday, June 26th, 2011. Grand prize to be awarded on Friday, May 27th, 2011.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KBXX-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., and are twenty-one 21 years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listen to KBXX-FM during the Contest Period for announcements about the Contest and the entry process. Listeners of KBXX-FM will be encouraged to listen during the Contest Period for any song by or featuring musical artist Chris Brown, when the song is played on KBXX-FM. Entrants must text the word “BET” to the number (short code) 23088 while the song is being played on KBXX-FM. Contest participants will receive the following bounce back message: “You are now qualified to win a trip to the BET Awards in LA! Winner announced Friday @ 7:30a on The MHMS!”
2. Your mobile device must be capable of sending and receiving text messages to participate in this Contest. Standard text message and/or data rates may apply. Contact your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
3. All text message entries must be received by 11:59pm.ET on Thursday, May 26th, 2011 or they will be void.
4. Winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received.
5. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the mobile account at the time the entry was made.
6. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest participants should not rely on streamed broadcast.
1. The Contest is open to listeners of KBXX-FM who are twenty-one (21) years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S.
2. Employees of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas, LLC, Radio One, Inc. (“Radio One”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Houston/ Galveston, Texas metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from KBXX-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
5. Travel guest of the grand prize winner must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Travel guest of the grand prize winner will be required to complete and submit all required release forms along with the grand prize winner.
Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing held on or about Friday, May 27th, 2011 by KBXX-FM promotions staff from among all eligible entries received through text message contesting. Decisions made by Station management are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email and will be provided with instructions on how to claim his or her prize. Potential winner and guest will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where lawful a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of winning notification. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner will be selected if time permits.
1. Grand Prize package will include the following:
Roundtrip coach air transportation for winner and guest between Houston, Texas and a major gateway airport in or near Los Angeles, California; air travel must originate from a Houston area airport, (2) two-nights double occupancy hotel accommodations in (1) one room and (2) two tickets to the BET Awards 2011 event scheduled for Sunday, June 26th, 2011. Ground Transportation to and from airport and to and from the BET Awards venue will be provided. All other ground transportation will be the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest. Winner and guest must be able to travel June 25-27th, 2011 on the same itinerary.
2. Dates and times of concerts and trips promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of KBXX-FM and Radio One. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. KBXX-FM and Radio One are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
3. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the station’s offices within thirty (30) days of the date of winning.
4. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. All contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
6. If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging that they are forfeiting the prize. It will be at the discretion of the contest sponsor and / or contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I..D.) to claim their prize.
8. Ground transportation (other than those listed above as provided), meals, taxes, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, sightseeing tours (or other excursions), souvenirs and incidentals are not included as part of the grand prize package and are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by listening for any song by or featuring musical artist Chris Brown, when the song is played on KBXX-FM. Entrants must text the word “BET” to the number (short code) 23088 while the song is being played on KBXX-FM.
2. All text entries must be received by 11:59pm.ET on Thursday, May 26th, 2011 or they will be void.
3. One (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The grand prize drawing will take place on Friday, May 27th, 2011.
4. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone.
5. Winner will be instructed to come to the offices of KBXX-FM located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046 to claim their prize.
6. All decisions made by KBXX-FM and Radio One management regarding any aspect of this contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. The prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
7. All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KBXX-FM, Radio One, any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. Dates and times of concerts, trips and cruise departures and/or returns promoted by sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of Radio One of Texas II, LLC;. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. Radio One of Texas II, LLC; is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
9. Prize is not transferable. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason and only then for a prize of comparable value.
10. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D) to claim their prize.
11. The station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all contest rules are not followed, contest void if prohibited by law.
12. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air.
13. KBXX-FM, Radio One, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission, text message, or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. In addition, KBXX-FM, Radio One, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the station and will not be returned.
14. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KBXX-FM and Radio One have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
15. KBXX-FM, Radio One, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of KBXX -FM, Radio One, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
16. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond KBXX-FM and Radio One’s control which, in KBXX -FM and Radio One’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, KBXX -FM and Radio One reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
17. Copies of contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of KBXX -FM, located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046.