It was 1997 when Love Jones premiered starring budding stars Larenz Tate and Nia Long, and almost 15 years later we’re still jonesin’ for the movie that came to be a definitive portrait of black love. Written and directed by Theodore Witcher, Love Jones was the first in a series of films in the late 90’s to depict young black professionals on their quest for love and the American dream. Here are the 25 Reasons We Love Love Jones.
1. The cliche but truly enjoyable “Brotha to the Night” performance.
2. The introduction of spoken-word “culture” to the mainstream.
3. Bill Bellamy drove a hearse.
4. Nina’s photography skills were dope.
5. They went to a stepper’s set.
6. Marvin’s classic line, “I’m going to get some muthaf*ckin Toasted Oats. You tripping!”
7. Darius dedicated his book to Nina.
8. Savon’s wife called him “triflin.”
9. Sheila’s consummate mother-earth-tell-it-like-it-is-diva-ness.
10. The house party scene where Vaughn brings his female “co-worker” and Wood brings Nina.
11. Nina and Darius both feed their insecurities by dating other people which was both real and accurate.
12. The soundtrack was epic.
13. Nia Long was “house-sitting” the dopest apartment ever.
14. Nina’s got her dream job at Vibe magazine.
Check out the rest in our photo gallery.
Share this post on Facebook! CLICK HERE:
Ciara’s 10K for the Holidays
Cassie Accuses Sean Combs of Rape and Years of Abuse in Lawsuit
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!
Enter The IJustGotHit Christmas Bike Giveaway!
WSS and Adidas Team Up for Holiday Toy Giveaway November 28th
10 Celebrities Caught With Transgender Women [PHOTOS]
Sean Paul ft. Kelly Rowland "How Deep Is Your Love" [AUDIO]
Lauryn Hill Responds To Robert Glasper: "Who Are You To Say I Didn’t Do Enough?"