OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
KBXX-FM, Kodak Car Show Photographer
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Kodak Car Show Photographer contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, November 8, 2010 at 12:01am CST and end on Friday, November 26, 2010 at 11:59pm CST (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted exclusively online. One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded one (1) Kodak M-series digital camera, two (2) general admission tickets to the Los Magnificos Custom Car, Bike Show and Concert scheduled on Sunday, December 5th, 2010 (the “Event”), and two (2) press credentials for the media red carpet area.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of KBXX-FM who are legal residents of the U.S., and are eighteen (18) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. Listeners must reside in the Houston or Galveston, Texas Arbitron Metro Survey Area in order to participant in the Contest.
- Contestants must visit the Contest page of the KBXX-FM website at http://www.theboxhouston.com. Upon entering the Contest website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win. All Internet entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on November 26, 2010, or they will be void.
- While attending the Event, the winner will utilize their press credentials to gain access to the red carpet and media area, and take photos of the Event that are to be submitted to KBXX-FM. After review by KBXX-FM staff, selected photos submitted by the winner will be posted in a special gallery on the Station’s website where listeners of KBXX-FM may view the winner’s backstage experience. Once submitted, the photos become the property of KBXX-FM and will not be returned. Winner will not be compensated for the use of the photos.
- may not include any private areas being used by the performing artists, dressing rooms, transportation, or stage.
- must not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy.
- must not contain: derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others.
- One entry per person, per day, per email address during the Contest Period.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
1. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are (18) years of age or older at the time of contest registration. Listeners must reside in the Houston or Galveston, Texas Arbitron Metro Survey Area in order to participant in the Contest.
- Employees of KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, general sponsors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from Radio One of Texas II, LLC within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate.
- Contestants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
1. If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- Prize package will include the following:
- One (1) Kodak M-series digital camera, two (2) general admission tickets to the Los Magnificos Custom Car, Bike Show and Concert scheduled on Sunday, December 5, 2010 and two (2) press credentials to provide access to the media red carpet area backstage.
- Only (1) one prize package is being offered.
- This prize package does not include access to any private artist areas, dressing rooms, transportation or stage.
- Transportation to and from the Car Show, meals, gratuities, souvenirs, incidentals, and all other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by KBXX-FM management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Contest winners must sign and date official KBXX-FM release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by KBXX-FM. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, and/or phone within one (1) day after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have 48 hours (2) days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within 72 hours (3) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by KBXX-FM, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and if time permits, at the discretion of the contest sponsor / and or contest administrator, an alternate entrant will be selected as the winner by random drawing from among the remaining entries.
- Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 24 Greenway Plaza, Suite 900, Houston, Texas 77046. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other photo I.D) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Contest by registering online at http://www.theboxhouston.com. After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win the grand prize.
2. The grand prize drawing will take place off-air on Monday, November 29, 2010. The winner will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received electronically.
3. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and e-mail and provided with instructions regarding the prize.
4. All decisions made by KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC management or any Contest Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, or submitted material used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the KBXX-FM and or Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC retain the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed.
7. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, sponsor, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
8. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Dates and times of concerts and trips promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
10. Any information collected by registering to enter the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Contest Rules.
11. KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, KBXX-FM, Radio One of Texas II, LLC, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of KBXX-FM / Radio One of Texas II, LLC and will not be returned.
12. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond KBXX-FM / Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s control which, in the KBXX-FM / Radio One of Texas II, LLC’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
13. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, KBXX-FM and Radio One of Texas II, LLC reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.