CLOSE
Leave a comment

VIA 39 Online.com:

A Seabrook mother is being called a hero after saving her two young children from a fire Tuesday night.

“That’s my girl, my hero,” William McCucheon said about his wife Chasity.

She was home late Tuesday night with 2-year-old Riley on the couch and 6-year-old Ashton sleeping in his bedroom. William McCucheon was working an overnight construction job.

Chasity McCucheon first noticed the smoke, and immediately after saw the fire in the back of their home on Bimini Way in Seabrook. She quickly took Riley outside and then raced back in the house for Ashton. The smoke was too much, so she ran outside to her son’s bedroom window and dragged him out.

What’s even worse is that Chasity McCucheon is five months pregnant.

“I had a nightmare last night that if I acted a minute later my boy wouldn’t be here,” McCucheon said.

Word is now getting out about a very brave mother. The Seabrook Volunteer Fire Department is taking donations to help the family. They have insurance for the house but not for the contents inside.

Fire officials believe a faulty hair dryer near the back bedroom may have started the fire.

comments – add yours
×