Remembering Selena: 20 Facts You Might Not Have Known About The Late Selena Quintanilla-Perez was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
1. Selena was only 17-years-old when she signed her first contract with Coca-Cola for $75,000.
2. Selena made her own stage costumes by gluing Swarovski crystals on her bras.
3. Selena was the first Latin artist to debut on the Billboard charts at number one.
4. Selena’s first car, a BMW, was stolen and dumped into the ocean. She later replaced it with a red Porsche.
5. After her death, there was a big spike in the number of girls being named Selena.
6. Selena dropped out of high school and earned her GED so she could perform full time. This was how her family made a living.
7. Tejano music became directionless after Selena’s death.
8. Selena and band member Chris Perez kept their relationship a secret until they eloped in 1992.
9. Selena made a cameo on the popular Spanish TV novela “Dos Mujeres, Un Camino” in 1993.
10. Selena owned a motorcycle.
11. After her death, an estimated 100,000 people showed up to Selena’s public viewing at the convention center in Corpus Christi.
Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90's Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Jeezy Files For Divorce From TV Host Wife Jeannie Mai
Sept. 18th is National Cheeseburger Day: Here Are 10 Delicious Burger Deals
Houston Rockets Guard Kevin Porter Jr Arrested For Domestic Violence
Social Media Reacts To 'Shocking' New Mugshot As Tory Lanez Transferred To State Prison
[VIDEO] Drake Drops New Album Bombshell During Texas Show
Win Tickets To See Drake and 21 Savage at The Toyota Center!
Brazilian Teenager Dies After Masturbating 42 “Times” Without Stopping!!