Last month, two people drowned on former major league baseball player Carl Crawford’s property. One of the victims was a 5-year-old boy.
Now, according to TMZ, the mother of this child is suing Crawford. She claims he is responsible for her son’s death and is suing him for $1 million.
In the documents, Liban Hersi claims that Crawford didn’t do enough to prevent her son’s untimely death on May 16.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Hersi says her son was visiting Crawford with a family friend for a party at his mansion in Harris County, Texas.
She said Crawford had a huge pool but no fencing around it.
When Hersi’s son fell into the water, the woman who jumped in to save him also drowned.
Hersi claims there was no alarm system for the pool and the swimming hole was “unreasonably dangerous.”
She’s suing for wrongful death, asking for $1 million in damages.
As we reported earlier, after the incident Crawford released a statement on his Instagram page.
“My heart’s heavy. The tragic events that occurred at my home will be with me forever. I’m at a loss for words. I’ve struggled all week to manage my emotions and I keep thinking of the families of those who’ve passed and their grief, I know they have it the hardest. They are the first and last thing I think of these days. Please keep them in your prayers. I know I always will.”
This article was originally posted on MadameNoire.com
Evelyn Lozada Shares First Picture Of Son Carl Leo (PHOTOS)
1. Evelyn Lozada and her daughter, Shaniece Hairston, enjoy Mother’s Day together.Source: 1 of 9
2. The first picture ever uploaded of Evelyn Lozada’s baby boy, Carl Leo!Source: 2 of 9
3. Evelyn Lozada snapping some sexy selfies.Source: 3 of 9
4. Eveyn and Shaniece at a Dodgers game on Mother’s Day.Source: 4 of 9
5. Evelyn Lozada and friend take a bathroom selfie.Source: 5 of 9
6. More sexy selfies from Shaniece Hairston.Source: 6 of 9
7. More selfies on Mother’s Day.Source: 7 of 9
8. And again.Source: 8 of 9
9. Shaniece shows off her flashy Chanel bag.Source: 9 of 9
Mother of Boy Who Drowned Is Suing Carl Crawford For $1 Million Claiming He’s Responsible was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com