Anger over a miniature display of a White cop pointing a gun at Black people prompted organizers of an annual model train exhibition in Wisconsin to change its policy, the Milwaukee Jounal-Sentinel
“It’s insensitive, disrespectful, and racist,” a woman who attended the two-day Trainfest on Sunday told CBS News local affiliate WDJT-TV.
The controversial display, created by the southeast Wisconsin Lionel Train Club, included a tiny state patrol car, two White state troopers (one of them kneeling and pointing a gun), and three Black men sitting down (one of them appears to be drinking alcohol). The club’s president said the layout was not intended to be offensive. However, Trainfest officials said in a statement that they were “deeply appalled” and would inspect displays in the future.
Trainfest, which describes itself as America’s largest operating model railroad show, attracted about 17,000 visitors and 200 exhibitors. It included more than 70 display layouts.
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U
Racist Display At Model Train Event Sparks Outrage was originally published on newsone.com