Sad news for Taxstone fans.
The famous podcaster has reportedly pleaded guilty to two federal gun charges in last year’s Irving Plaza shooting. According to the New York Daily News, Tax copped to possessing a firearm as a felon and receiving a firearm in interstate commerce relating to the May 2016 shootout.
The incident claimed the life of Troy Ave‘s friend and bodyguard Ronald McPhatter and left three injured, including Troy himself, who Tax openly had beef with. Although Tax, whose real name is Daryl Campbell, hasn’t officially been charged with the slaying, Judge Lorna Schofield was informed that he brought a firearm to Irving Plaza and “fired one shot that killed Ronald McPhatter” as well as additional shots during the confrontation.
Prosecutors have claimed they discovered Campbell’s DNA on the murder weapon used during the deadly incident. If convicted, Tax faces up to 20 years in federal lockup.
10 Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said During His Breakfast Club Interview
1. "What have I done? I saved a whole generation of people from being drug addicts, and turning up, & wearing tight pants."Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. "I'm the one who put it out there that you can't mix & match brands. I put that out there."Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. "For someone to try to tear me down, or slander me is like...it's like modern-day slavery...."Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. "I only want to make $5 million dollars. $5 million, I'ma be rich forever."Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. "What's 1000 x 5? What 500,000? 50,000?"Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. "I'm like Jackie Robinson with a racist fan. Or like Michael Jordan when he's seen putting his hand up and someone in the crowd is like 'hey, f*ck you!'"Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. "I just came from Miami...my life is getting crazy!"Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. "These aren't regular sneakers. These are the high top Air Force 1s, they're a little more money than the low top. I wouldn't do the low top. You feel me?"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. "I got 11,000 in my pocket, but I don't care cause I'm focused."Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. "When I see him [Manolo Rose], I'll probably give him a wedgie or slam him or some shit."Source:Getty 10 of 10
Taxstone Pleads Guilty To Irving Plaza Gun Charges was originally published on globalgrind.com