Congratulations are in order to the Jigga Man.
Jay Z accomplishes another first by becoming the first ever rapper to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Last night (6/15/17), many were hopeful that the Forbes listed millionaire rapper would make an appearance at the induction ceremony in New York were his mother, grandmother, sisters and many friends were in attendance.
But considering the advanced state of Beyonce’s pregnancy, it was highly unlikely that Mr. Sean Carter would be there to accept the prestigious award.
Accepting the honor in his place was publisher and close friend, CEO of Warner/Chappell Music Publishing, Jon Platt.
Former President Barack Obama also congratulated Jay on his award.
11 Reasons Why We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
10 photos Launch gallery
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.
6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.
9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…
10 of 10